Mmm..! First Tastes!

sheep

I got a hold of an orange today! :) Who knew it would be so difficult to find one in the house?

It's stuck to the bottom of the tank by a veggie clip.. at first, she wasn't sure what to think of the small, half-slice, but now it has a huge dent in it! XD

Should I leave it in there until it's completely eaten(shouldn't take more than tomorrow! she's such a piggy)?

She also tasted romaine a few days back. There wasn't much of it eaten, I think it may have been a bit tough for her little fishylips. Next time, maybe I'll soften it by boiling a tiny bit.. good idea?

ALSO! Carrot greens, are they OK? I have a nice bowl full I cut for my rabbit, but I don't want to share with Toeby until I know it's safe. :)

*She seems to think I taste good, too. nibblenibblenibble..

Yes, you can leave the orange in there for a day as long as the size of the slice you gave is consistent with one good sized serving for a fishy. Oranges are pretty quickly digested and passed. Only a couple hours after I feed orange to my babies, I see lovely orange poop coming out, so there's not a huge chance of constipation I don't think. I think the biggest thing is allowing it to remain long enough that it starts to decompose. If you feel the orange tomorrow when you take it out, you may feel it getting kinda slimey. Definitely time to take it out.

Yes, I think the biggest reason fish don't eat veggies is because they are too tough for them. Softening them a bit by boiling/steaming will help.

I've never fed carrot greens, so the question would be is there something in there that might be toxic. I'm doubting that, but I, myself, can't say for sure.

I've never fed carrot greens, so the question would be is there something in there that might be toxic. I'm doubting that, but I, myself, can't say for sure.

Well..

I know that for RABBITS, the greens are much more nutricious than the root which is very starchy(like potatoes?). I'm afraid to test it on my fish! XD

The greens smell very carroty and the leaves are softer than lettuces, so it's probably be easier to eat. I hope someone does know if it's alright. :) ?

And thanks for the advice~ x3