sideviews.jpg

topviews.jpg

Same fish one year later

Now around 11 cm long

DSC_1738small.jpg

DSC_1739small.jpg

DSC_1749small.jpg

Sorry about the black algae on the glass :D

Bulk & colour has definitely improved, length not as I expected :P maybe he's a slow grower

Edited by d_golem

Guest Orandaa

The wen looks awesome in the new photos. It really got full but not too full where it's covering the fish's eyes. The length sometimes doesn't come as quickly as hoped for, but that's a great looking fish regardless.

Thx all. Hopefully he continues to develop and become a big, beautiful fish.

The wen looks awesome in the new photos. It really got full but not too full where it's covering the fish's eyes.

I like his wen, too. Surely can be a tiny bit bigger but it's good how it is now :)

You did a good job buddy. :) Apart from wen, I also like it thick and strong caudal peduncle. Color look different as well (because of background? lol) Overall, like I said b4 you did a very good job. Are you going to bring him to show?

You did a good job buddy. :) Apart from wen, I also like it thick and strong caudal peduncle. Color look different as well (because of background? lol) Overall, like I said b4 you did a very good job. Are you going to bring him to show?

Thx Fred :)

I really wish I could bring him to a show but I can't because of 2 things:

1. He's not show quality :unsure: . His lower left caudal lobe got scar tissue from broken tail tip, his tail is a bit lopsided, and I don't think anyone would be impressed with a dwarf-11ish-cm-long-nisai anyway :D

2. There's no goldfish show in any form whatsoever in stupid Perth, the most isolated city in the world with a population over 1 million. There are koi shows, but they're basically once a year and they have no goldfish section whatsoever. Maybe I should set up my own stand and give the audience some taste of "non-feeder" goldfish, eh? :yeah:

It would be great to set up a goldfish club in a city where there's none, don't cha think?

Thx Fred :)

I really wish I could bring him to a show but I can't because of 2 things:

1. He's not show quality :unsure: . His lower left caudal lobe got scar tissue from broken tail tip, his tail is a bit lopsided, and I don't think anyone would be impressed with a dwarf-11ish-cm-long-nisai anyway :D

2. There's no goldfish show in any form whatsoever in stupid Perth, the most isolated city in the world with a population over 1 million. There are koi shows, but they're basically once a year and they have no goldfish section whatsoever. Maybe I should set up my own stand and give the audience some taste of "non-feeder" goldfish, eh? :yeah:

It would be great to set up a goldfish club in a city where there's none, don't cha think?

I believe you can setup a goldfish club or get a goldfish section in koi show(like the way we do here). Out of 1 million people, I am sure you are going to find a lot of goldfish lover.

Hidr:

8 cm is closed to 3"

11 is 4.3"

or get a goldfish section in koi show(like the way we do here)

I believe I can do that also. Problem is, nobody will participate. Either there are not many goldfish people here or they're still too shy to come out :P . I'm hoping it's the latter, which means they just need to have the means to show off their fish in a respectable stage then it'll roll on from there.

Another problem is getting the goldfish enthusiasts together. Keep in mind that Western Australia is 1.5 times bigger than Texas and only 1/10 the population. That's a LOT of ground to cover :D

Edited by d_golem

There's no goldfish show in any form whatsoever in stupid Perth, the most isolated city in the world with a population over 1 million. There are koi shows, but they're basically once a year and they have no goldfish section whatsoever. Maybe I should set up my own stand and give the audience some taste of "non-feeder" goldfish, eh? :yeah:

That's the same here in LA! One koi show down south, but not one goldfish group! You'd figure big cities would have everything! Not so!

Cool but how big is that in american inches? Never learned metric. So can't visualize it.

Here's a great conversion site: Conversion Calculator

8cm=3.15 inches

11cm=4.33 inches

Beautiful growth! My little lionhead looks just like your ranchu! I hope my little Peaches grows up to look like yours!

Edited by Lynda Von G