Might Be Back To Work Soon !

Well it has been a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG maternity leave ..whats it been ??? like 6 years !!my daughter is finally going to school full time and I reapplied at the greenhouse I use to work in ..and they seemed glad to possibly take me back ..we'll see ..this job is the most back breaking (I had abs ...not one but 6 !!!)...I calculated I lifted 22,000 pounds daily (I'm a nerd at heart :rolleyes: ).I shedded so many pounds and gained lots of muscle (and I'm not big to begin with) but ..my family thought I had an eating disorder..right ..I'm the biggest meatatarian I know !!....I'm just excited to possibly have a job that keeps me in shape and get paid for it at the same time :lol1 ..wish me luck on my job hunting ...but I hope this one pulls through !!

Good luck Heidi!!!

My "maternity leave" beats yours!!! My daughter will be 9 this January and I stopped working when I was pregnant!!! When she was in preschool it was easy to call "stay at home mom" my job, but at this point? Doesn't quite cut it LMAO

She wasn't the reason I stopped working though. It was depression & anxiety. (I think you've read other posts I've written about that!). I recieve social security disabilty, BUT they allow you to work a certain amount of time.. It's been SOO long since I've worked and at this point I think I am more scared of the unknown than the actual jobs. The depression will never go away, but it's becoming more manageable.

The last three months I've done nothing but take care of fish. It got me thinking, if I could combine FISH with work, maybe I could handle it? And I will never know til I try. So I put in an application at a pet store. My friend is a mananger there so she can talk to the main manager and should be able to get me a part time position with no trouble. I told her I do NOT want to be a cashier. I will clean cages, for fish, rats, hampsters, ANYTHING (Even the snakes if someone can show me how to handle them and get me past my intital fear). She said "are you SERIOUS? No one ASKS to do that?!". I think it would be great. When you have a bad day depression wise, and you are a cashier, it's hard to disguise it.. I think it would be a lot easier to suck it up and go clean a fish tank : ) It takes your mind off of things.

So I MIGHT be going to work sometime soon for the first time.. It's kinda scary!! : ) Especially because of the reason I stopped working!

So how bout good luck to BOTH of us!!! (And extra money for more tanks & fish? LMAO)

Good luck to both of you!

I think I have you beat in the length of "maternity leave", my oldest turned 10 last spring! The longer it goes, the harder it is to think about putting myself back out there. I admire you both, Heidi and Sue!

I think you would be good at a pet store !!!!...or an animal shelter or a farm or walking animals at the vet clinic ...some people just click with animals they don't judge you .they don't .tell you there is no lettuce on there burger ..or the coffe is toooo strong ..I hate working for the public too !!! I also worked on poultry farms for years and it was just me in the barns .. I tell you I sang sooo loud ..or I could ball my eyes out if I needed to..and no one was there to interfere ...my kind of job ..the greenhouse is almost like that ..I really appreciate hard work and I feel I'm lost when I work at a pizza joint or coffe places and such ..I start yawning and the days drag on and on .and I cannot watch people reem on young people when they make a mistake with their order..I usually get very deffensive ..and come to the rescue for these good young people that are working to get through school....you can truely tell how a person is just by the way they order food and how they speak to the person behind the counter ..it's usually not good ..and that drives me !!!I like to think the world is full of nice people and I hate when these people step up in line and burst my bubble ..so I am trying to stay away from those jobs ..I like to try and belive there is hope for humanity ..and working in a food joint just kills that for me ....bizzare I know :rolleyes: .

thanks guys :D

Edited by hi-d

God it's hard to even think about once you haven't been working in a while.. Ironically, the last job I had was ONE day at.. at PET store! LMAO

I had moved to Nashville (I was 19, Shane thought I was gonna be a country singer hehe). Got a job at either a Pet S Mart or a Pet Co.. The boss was mean and I was stuck on register being trained by some snobby girl who didn't even want to help me learn. I spent my break freaking out on the phone to Shane. Needless to say this didn't help the "Can't Work Because Of Anxiety" issue..

We were staying at one of those long term stay hotels.. I went back that night and something made me realize that I hadn't gotten my monthly friend in a while. I took THREE pregancy tests. I remember being scared to death of having an unplanned child/being pregnant. But at the same time relieved because I knew my insurance didn't cover me unless I was in PA for all the baby stuff, so in a weird way I had no choice but to move home and quit the crappy job LMAO

Heidi I think I need your job!! I don't even know what "ABS" mean I am so far away from having them LMAO

OH I totally know what you are saying about the attitide of people and all the problems with those sort of jobs. I am just like you.. I like to think that we are all good people who can be polite and friendly. I try to be that way and I hate when someone comes along and is rude for no reason.. I am like you, I always try to say something to stand up for them..

And yes, a farm! I could totally see myself doing that, AND it would do wonders for my body!! Just a little hard to come by in my area. I don't mind getting dirty, and I don't mind hard work as long as it relates to something I love. I could totally see myself cleaning horse pens LMAO People think I am nuts. Most people dream of a huge house with expensive things and a lawyer or doctor for a husband and a maid. When I day dream I picture myself on a piece of land with a country boy in a nice doublewide LMAO Isn't that funny?? Kind of doesn't work that way when you live in a philly suburb though. That's why I loooooooove New Mexico.. I love the land, the animals. We seriously went looking at trailors. I am so sick of people assuming they are crap. There was a triple wide brand new for $100,000.. It had 4 HUGE bedrooms, 3 living areas, a closet bigger than one of the bedrooms in the master bedroom. The kitchen looked SOOO rich.. No joke, this is my dream home LMAO I'll say it again.. this is why people laugh at me.. Dream home is a triple wide with 10 goldfish tanks... HAHA!!

Good Luck Sue and Heidi...I hope it works out for both u guys...

And talking about getting trained from snobbish girls...uggghhhhhh...I have had my share of getting worked up becos of tht stuff...I worked at the coffee place on campus...trust me girls can be soooooo mean...especially at school...

and being ripped at for a wrong order...tht just made me mad..seriously people need to get a bit more polite...again I never had problems with grown up on campus...but the freshman...wohhh..what attitudes....