Do Snails Need To Be Qt'd?

tangelo123

wow..gr888 and interesting question..I am really not sure abt that...but I would still keep them in the QT tank for a good 2-4 weeks for observation..but I may be wrong..I have had no experience with them..oh oh..can we have pictures please??...although I know getting an answer for your question first is more important.. :D

Honestly it does no good at all to QT snails, IMO. They keep water in their shells so that they don't dry out when they go out of the water, and it's near impossible to get all the bad bugs (if any) of of there.

Also, snails are very sensitive to meds and salt (of course) so keep that in mind when you place them in their final home.

it would be wise to add liquid calcium to the tank, for the health of the shells. If they don't have sufficient calcium in their environment and diet their new growth will be weak and papery, not at all enough to protect them from curious fishies.