Hydor Aerator 2 (i Think)

Quasi

I have a Hydor aerator (2 I think) and it stopped working yesterday during a w/c. When I noticed it, I cleaned it and it started working again, for about 15 minutes. :krazy: Pure frustration :madrant (a very expensive week) made me tick/bang it 3 times against the bottom of the tank and it started working again. :blink: To bad it stopped working again after 12 hours. :unsure: Good thing that is is rather cold at the moment.

To morrow I'll buy an other bubbler but this time it will be the classical model. ;)

Anyone has experience with one of those (Hydor aerator) bubblers? An idea to fix it?

The motor is inside. It's like a powerhead motor.

It runs an impeller that draws air down through a tube that goes to the surface. The impeller also breaks up the air into fine bubbles. It can also create a pretty strong upward current from the combination of water flow and bubbles rising.

If the motor is still running, check the tube to see if it is clear of kinks and obstructions. And remove and clean the little sponge on the top of the motor in the water, and the airflow limiter on the top of the air tube.

If the motor is not running, find the reciept for the purchase and return it - or find out how to get it fixed under warrantee. It has a Manufacturer Warranty: 2-year from date of purchase.

Tinkokeshi may have the manual and warrantee information from the Ario 4 I gave to her. It worked too well for my little tank.

If the motor is not running, find the reciept for the purchase and return it - or find out how to get it fixed under warrantee. It has a Manufacturer Warranty: 2-year from date of purchase.

I searched last night but I didn't find it. :(

I passed by a lfs to buy a new bubbler and some other stuff. When I cam home I was very surprised (in a good way). :thud

The bubbler worked again!!! :D .

So I asked whether anyone had fixed it. No one had touched it :blink: .

Apparently the bubbler miraculously started to work again or one of my fish is a mechanic. :rofl

Guest Isilme

I had one once and it worked for 2 weeks or so. After a water change i put it back and it kind of made an imploding sound and stopped. My bf didn't keep the reciept, so no warrent... Now I'm thinking to buy another one, because they are so quit.

Maybe I should give the broken one the Quasi for repair :)

I had one once and it worked for 2 weeks or so. After a water change i put it back and it kind of made an imploding sound and stopped. My bf didn't keep the reciept, so no warrent... Now I'm thinking to buy another one, because they are so quit.

Sure, but I'll have to ask the goldies what rates they charge :rofl .

Guest Isilme

I guess three peas an hour and an extra fee of one orange slice per spare part needed.

I guess three peas an hour and an extra fee of one orange slice per spare part needed.

I think you're getting swindled. Apparently Fred charges only one pea per hour, and an additional gelfood cube per day of work (I had to haggle a bit about the latter, because she first wanted two orange slices, which is way to much imho).

:rofl

I think you're getting swindled. Apparently Fred charges only one pea per hour, and an additional gelfood cube per day of work (I had to haggle a bit about the latter, because she first wanted two orange slices, which is way to much imho).

I didn't know that, I already paid her the amount she asked. :feedme