Dojo Loach Help

I currently have 2 dojo loaches in with my goldfish. They are both about 5 inches long. My oldest one, about 4 years, has cloudy eyes but the other one does not. I have noticed his eyes a few weeks ago but wasn't sure if they were cloudy or if it was the way the light was shining on them. What can this be from and is there a way to treat him?

pH: 7.4

Ammonia: 0pph

Nitrite: 0pph

Nitrate: 15pph

Whats the Ph out of the tank? Does it look like a covering of cloudiness...like a skin covering?

The pH is 7.4. It was 6.0 but I slowly got it up and it is holding. It does look like a skin covering, almost like when reptiles shed their skin over their eyes.

nimajneb: Thanks for the site. I will be checking it out.

How did you raise the pH? Probably not related to the eyes, but I was just wondering. Remember, changing the pH too quickly can be very stressful for your fish. Also, dojo's are just fine with slightly acidic water.

Hope someone can help ya figure out what's going on. Have you noticed any agression towards the loach with the cloudy eyes, or could he have bumped against some decor w/ any sharp edges?

Edited by balashark

How did you raise the pH? Probably not related to the eyes, but I was just wondering. Remember, changing the pH too quickly can be very stressful for your fish. Also, dojo's are just fine with slightly acidic water.

Hope someone can help ya figure out what's going on. Have you noticed any agression towards the loach with the cloudy eyes, or could he have bumped against some decor w/ any sharp edges?

I used API pH UP and gradully raised the pH over 2 weeks. None of the fish pick on the loach. When he smells food he goes and looks for it look normal. I noticed the cloundy eyes before the pH was brought up.