More Food?

Guest jsingh

Guest jsingh

Hi. So I have only one young goldie and I have given him peas and rice to eat which are still in the tank. I see him munching on them and was wondering if he is hungry and if I should give him more food even though the peas and rice are still there which I gave like 2-3 days ago. Any opinions/suggestions?

Thanks

how much are you feeding at one time? (how many peas, pieces of rice...)

do you only feed peas and rice?

i would imagine that peas/rice sitting in the tank for days is not a good thing. they probably go bad and might cause fungus/bacteria. if something doesn't get eaten fairly quickly, i would take it out...

If a goldfish has left food that long without eating it, I'd say it's not that interested in the food. And, regardless of whether it is, if you can remove that food, you should. It's just sitting there rotting and your fish is eating that rotting food and the bacteria is getting inside him and the water. And, also, goldfish need lots of protein. There's no protein in rice and peas. I'd suggest trying other foods and a wider variety of foods.