Should I?

32flavors

So, after deciding that I'm too scared to spend that much money on a fish from Rick, I decided to take a trip to a couple of pet stores around town. I went to my local smart and saw the cutest oranda. He's mostly black with some silver and gold, but he's wayyyy bigger than my other fish. I could make a quarantine work with a rubbermaid and some borrowed filter media and lots of water changes. I'm just wondering if he'll pick on my other guys. Ideally, he would go into the large tank, but I'm scared he'll eat my tiny fish. My little guy is only about 1 1/2 inches long. This guy is probably 5-6 inches. Or my other two fish could move out of the 20 gallon and this guy could go in there by himself for a while. My husband's not giving me much input, he just says if you want it, get it. Would it be a bad idea to buy such a large fish? My other 2 are about 3 - 3 1/2 inches. They held him overnight for me, but I need to decide today.

What is the size of your tank. Very rarely do larger goldfish bother smaller goldfish unless they are trying to breed with each other. Also what types of fish are your smaller ones. I would not mix a large oranda with small bubble eyes, celestials, telescopes. My biggest concern is the size of your tank

I have a 20 and a 75, but I've decided against getting the fish I think. I don't want to move them all around to quarantine and my quarantine tank is too small for a fish his size. I'm going to call and let them know I won't be coming in for him.