People Must Think I'm Crazy..

sheep

I catch myself swooning over my bubbly baby and bragging about her to my Teacher and fish-friend at school sometimes.. They look at me like I'm crazy when I call her my "lovey"!

I really am fond of my fish.. and she's come to trust me quite a lot. I rub off brown algae from the bottom or sides of the tank before water changes(if it's built up) and all the while she'll be swimming all around my arm and hand! I nearly bumped her into the glass she was getting so in the way!

Compared to how she'd zip to the other side of the aquarium if I even touched the glass when I first got her.

I hope to spend many many years with my baby.. Now that I think about it, it's really going to sting when she's gone. Wahh!

My mom and my teacher don't seem to understand my love for my finned friend, it's a but of a bummer.

My teacher keeps fish, but doesn't seem to have the same feel for them. (She also has a hermit crab I'm absolutely in love with. she's afraid to hold it..)

AH I'M RAMBLING. Toeby says hi:

24wtxzc.jpg

Still a pugface. She's such a friendly goldie.

awwwwwwwwwwww! SUCH A CUTE PICTURE! i know exactly how you feel. whenever i talk about my fish, my friends look at me like im some crazy person. but i'm not. just in loooove =]

I have few regular friends since the seniors left(I'm one now.. so old..), but one keeps fish at home, his only pets. He just laughs at me! She's more than my hobby, she's one of my many companions. I love her as much as my dogs, rats, and rabbit. x)

IT'S PERFECTLY NORMALLL. ... right? XD

I know the feeling. You should've seen me at a job interview when the guy asked me what my hobbies were. I said goldfish, not just fish, but goldfish and he got that look, you know... like.... okaaaaaayyyy.... really? So, I started to try to explain how difficult they were to keep and how much there is to know and I just lost him more.... I decided to quit while I was behind....

• Admin

I get this all the time, even with family...One reason the forum is here, to share our love of goldfish. I even get this look from people in LFS when they ask me about my fish, cause I get into a conversation about the site. People think its strange I built this site years ago....

Dont worry hun everyone has a hobby that others dont understand... Your in the right place :)

Ohhh yeah I hear you!!! lol I think I do a little of EVERYTHING that you've all listed. I talk to people in stores, my daughter's friends. Everyone thinks I am totally insane of course.. The other day Taylor's friend came up to ME to talk about fish, and I hear Taylor scream "MOM!!! This is MY friend!!!". Her friend said "But I ASKED her!!!".. It's soooo funny..

I'll hear a sad song and start thinking about my fish Sheldon (who died) and start to cry. My boyfriend used to say "what's wrong?". Now if he sees me crying he just goes "Aww I know. Sheldon".....

You're in the right place for SURE! :)

I totally understand you but I've kinda given up talking fish to "outside" people. At work if I say anything about keeping fish I get "Oh really?" and that's about it.

You'd think there would be more interest judging by the number of people on this forum and all the other fish related sites but what do I know?! :P

I will tell you this to make you feel better :D ....I have little christmas stockings for my fish :teehee ...well I need more now :rolleyes:

Oh, goodness, I'm inspired!

Sew up little stockings for everyone!

Three rattie stockings, one bunny, and one shaped like my little moor! My mom would flip. XD She'd probably ask something along the lines of, "And what do you expect to get a FISH for Christmas!?" Haha!

I could hang it on a nail. under the tank. I can see it now.. *rings sleighbells*

Guest Orandaa

I love my fish, too!

I hate when I tell people I have fish and they ask what kind, I say "Goldfish" and they kinda laugh as if goldfish are only for kids... Then trying to explain that's there's different types of goldfish, etc. just doesn't work and its frusterating :P That's why we're all here I guess :P

I love my fish, too!

I hate when I tell people I have fish and they ask what kind, I say "Goldfish" and they kinda laugh as if goldfish are only for kids... Then trying to explain that's there's different types of goldfish, etc. just doesn't work and its frusterating :P That's why we're all here I guess :P

Oh, man, this reminds me of a convo I had with a friend at school!

We were talking about dreams and somehow ended up on the subject of fish! She mentioned that her and her fiance were looking into getting "eels and sharks from nooppee" because they looked cool.

Of course, this hits my normal lecture mode and I started hounding her with questions like I do anyone who says they're wanting to get a certain new pet(ferrets, dogs, etc.) because many people have misconceptions and I've seen many who just want one to have it and have little to no sense of responsibility. It gets me so.. flustered.. erm, anyway, she started talking about how her mother used to work at a carnival and they kept "huge tanks" of different goldfish that were given as prizes.

I mentioned how inhumane it was and something she said struck me and actually kinda hurt- "Oh, they were just feeder fish."

That's like saying a horse slaughtered was "just a meat horse" as if it was somehow different from another in that it was less.. valuable or important!

She also said that employees never mistreated the fish, only the new owners. That doesn't make it any better at all, does it?

Eh.. ok, rant over.

Anywho, I get eyes rolled at me all the time at my exclamations of love towards my moorbaby. XD It's something I'll have to live with.

I'm glad there are communities for people who share the same ideas etc. :) Thank goodness for the internet.

..."And what do you expect to get a FISH for Christmas

FOOD!! :rofl

Same like many people, goldfish feel "it should be christmas every day of the year!" :hoho:feedme:rolleyes::D

..."And what do you expect to get a FISH for Christmas

FOOD!! :rofl

Same like many people, goldfish feel "it should be christmas every day of the year!" :hoho:feedme:rolleyes::D

Mmm, plum pudding?! :rofl

Mmm, plum pudding?! :rofl

mmmm ... maybe better a pea-and-gelfood pudding, with a slice of orange on the side :feedme .

If Toeby could drool, she would be! xD

I know how you feel- a long time ago I got this HUGE red oranda from nnnn :newfish (hadnt discovered Aquarium Odyssey yet) and I took loads of pictures on my phone. I decided to show all my friends at school and surprisingly they all loved him. I had some pictures of my red cap butters and people would ask me every day how butters was. I wasnt expecting that kind of reaction! They took a real liking to the red oranda too, and loved to look at my pictures and videos.

Then there came the ignorant people who would laughed at me when I said butters passed. They would ask "what happened" and I would respond "a disease called fin rot" and they would say "fish get DISEASES? LOL"

So there are ups and downs but generally not that bad. The hardest part is when I go too far and say something like "my wittle wittle bundle of lovee kins kobers" I dont like the looks I get. :ignore