Achivements....

I have made some achivements.....

1. Removed gravels in 4 parts by 1 month. Now, life is so much easy....I can change water in couple of minutes.

2. Went to vacation for 3 weeks : Removed gravels before went to vacation. There was a drama too...a day prior to our vacation a filter topfin 30 stopped working...thank god...after reading the experts comments I had already installed a emperior 280 into my 29g tank to make it 10X a month before...ran to a LFS...bought a penguin 100 and installed it...added old sponge from my topfin to emperior 280 and added some ceramic stones into the penguin 100. As everybody was saysing I did not transport my goldies to friend's house instead trained my next door friend how to feed and take care of my goldies. I don't believe how a person who does not have any knowledge of keeping fish what so ever did a fantastic job including changing water on the 10th day of my 21 day vacation. Of course I prepared the water and kept it near the fish tank...I am pretty sure my friend might feed them less but did not overfeed them even though he has a 5 year old daughter (as kid always want to feed more and more). There was a drama again...on 19th day I received a mail from my friend that aero 200 is not working...there were no bubble coming out...he tried putting in different outlet but did not worked. Now, I was helpless...can not do anything...as he was doing so much I just could not ask him to go buy one and installled it...too much to ask for...I knew I have two filters and they do spalsh the water and make air bubbles......and at the end after opening the door I straight went to the fishtank found all of my goldies are so happy to see me...only one thing is I had lots of green algee which I removed in the next day and changed water....and fixed my aero 200 also (just pulled here and there...started working) ... back to the normal life again....

I thought I sould share this as I have asked so many questions before the vacation.

- Sandy

You have a really great next door neighbor friend! Now, these are the kind of people we should be calling friends and having in our lives. What a great thing for this person to do!

Now, if the broken filter had been the only one, there would've been problems, but as you were running other filters, it would be fine, as you came to find out.

Another thing about the algae, especially green, is it's a great snack food for the goldies and doesn't hurt the tank. Even the brown algae doesn't hurt anything. So, actually, having that grow for them while you were gone was a good thing. ;)

Glad you had a great time on vacation and that your goldies, through great love and care, had an equally great time!

Glad you had success :)

A tip when going on vacation......use the pill boxes for medication from a pharmacy... portion the food in each days so that your designated fishkeeper has the right amount each day, rather then giving them the whole container of fish food :)

Yap, that's a good idea...will use it on the next vacation.

BTW, I brought dresses for my friends daughter and son from my vacation place...just to show the great work they have done and in turns I will do the same when they will go for a vacation...may be taking care of their house...