Taffy Goes Flying

dickey_moe

I almost had a heart attack!! I was doing a total water change on one of my tanks and as I was taking Taffy out of the tank to put her in a holding tub =sploosh= She wiggled and slid right out of my hand!! :o

She made this sickening wet thud (I can't descrbe the sound I made) when she hit the floor (fell about 2 feet) and for a second I thought she was dead. She didn't move when I picked her up and put her in the tub.

She seemed dazed for a minute but luckily, she is fine now. =whew= What a scare!

I have to remember she is a big fishie now and needs 2 hands. :r030:

I am glad he is o.k. I bet that was a scare. I had my cory cat do that once when I was cleaning the tank. I ussually keep a clean bucket of water by the tank and put him in there while I am cleaning and I went to pick him back up with the net to put him back in the clean tank and he did a big back flipout of the net on the floor and continued to back flip across the floor for a a foot or so the whole while I am chasing him and trying to pick him up and trying to figure out how to do it without getting stung. Finally got the wet paper towel I cleaned the tank with and was able to pick him up with it and get him back in the tank. He was stunned for a second but then went back to his old self.

Glad to hear that she is al right :heart Luckily most of those jumps don't result in damage. :exactly

When I transferred Gigi to the big tank she jumped out of the tank and landed on the floor (I thought I had a heart attack :krazy: ), I picked her up and put her in the container. She was a bit dazed the first minutes but as soon as she was in the big tank she started looking for food. :gcar: