The Olympic Closing Ceremonies

MACBOOK96

wow the Olympic Closing Ceremonies were amazing what did you guys like about it

Edited by MACBOOK96

Everything cause it means it is over and soon people well talk about something else. However I did not watch it. I didn't watch any of it. WOOT!!

It wouldn't let me edit. I apologize Mac. If you enjoyed the Olympics then I think its wonderful that you watched it! I was just very disappointed that they made such a big deal over the opening ceremonies only to have the fireworks computer generated. That really had nothing to do with the games themselves. The Chinese culture is very interesting, though.

Always respecting your opinion Vickie, but all fireworks shows these days are computerized. They have to be. There's absolutely no way it could be "a show," otherwise. And, not that this is the point exactly, but China is all about computers and technical stuff, so what better venue to show off what they're good at than their Olympics? Computers and technical applications are just the way of things. Most people don't want to see old-fashioned manual shows anymore. I'm not sure what you wanted the show to be, but I think a show is about the overall beauty and final product, not what it took to get it that way. If you consider that one man designed, correographed and directed that show and that there were about 100,000 people involved in the show, under one man's direction, and that all of these people were so well trained and willing to learn that they moved in the most perfect synchronization you could ask for. And that the costumers were asked to create 1,000 each perfectly matching, highly complex costumes is also an amazing achievement. And most of the show sequences were all done by human labor and very little machinations were involved with the exception of the overhead video skins, the aerial wires and lifts and the fireworks. I wasn't so impressed with the closing ceremony as there wasn't enough "show," but I thought, without question, the opening ceremony was the most beautiful, amazing, spectacular olympics I've ever seen, bar none. Of course, just my opinion and I don't mean to insult anyone else's. :)

ya you guys are right I just really enjoy the costumes and the stadium and the water cube and how beautiful it is but your right though

I agree Lynda, it was beautiful. I just thought it was supposed to all be real since the Chinese after all, invented fireworks. The costuming was amazing.

I live not far from Louisville, KY. They have one of the biggest fireworks show in the nation there called "Thunder Over Louisville". Its a pre-Derby event. The fireworks there are absolutely incredible, set to music, etc. I can understand though how a show like that would not transfer well to the tv screen because of the smoke and distortion.

It was a beautiful opening ceremony. I just get frustrated sometimes because you can't tell anymore what is "real" from what is computerized. I guess it really doesn't matter since it all came from the brain, right? :)

Mac, I think its great that you enjoyed the Olympics. Most kids your age don't look at anything but video games.

And it wouldn't let me edit AGAIN... :ignore But anyway, of course I'm not insulted, Lynda. I respect and value your opinion. Sometimes it takes someone else's input to help us see things we hadn't thought of. :)

I really liked the way the TODAY Show was in Beijing. I think NBC covered it well