Starting My New Job Today!

Anic

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!! It's 6:09 a.m here and I've already been awake for an hour. :happydance My new job is in Seymour, Indiana. Roughly 20-some miles away. I will actually be working for Wal - mart, in one of the distribution centers. I will be doing FID - Freight Identification. 4 days a week, 10 hours a day, $14.05 an hour! That's almost double what I made at the grocery store! :glare: Second shift, too! :) Yay! I'm not a morning person lol For a few weeks it'll be messed up - Monday will be orientation, the other three days will be work. I guess they are so short handed that they need people NOW. And there are so many 'personal' bonuses! I get a SET schedule! :D At my old job, I was wary about planning anything because my manager always scheduled me to work the days I asked for off. ALWAYS. Made me mad. Then, something was always my fault. Let's say I was off on Wednesday and didn't come back in until 1 p.m. on Thursday. Wednesday afternoon there were 7 whatevers that were supposed to go out Thursday morning at 7! And who gets chewed out for it? Definately not the other girl. She's 'special' :glare: (she squeals to our manager. She hears anything and she's running to tell Patty) How is that MY FAULT!?!?! I wasn't even there!

Anyway, I'm super excited and nervous! Orientation isn't until 8 a.m., but I'm going to try to get there early so I can see my mom (she works there, too) so I'd better get ready! Seeing as I need to leave in 20 minutes :happydance

Well, orientation is divided up into 4 weeks - every Monday for 4 weeks. I was sitting in a room with 20 other people for 9 hours! Sitting! It was dull. Tuesday through Thursday I work from 4p.m. to 2:30 a.m. After my 4 weeks of orientation, Mondays will be 6 p.m. to 4:30 a.m.

I'm so excited! My 'vacation' was getting boring lol :P

Thanks guys! I actually started learning my job (processing) Tuesday. Production is 2,995 cases in 10 hours. My trainer and I did 2,151 last night and 1,414 Tuesday night. I have 6 weeks to make production and Gina (my trainer) said that I pretty much know everything now, so I just need to work on my speed. :D

I'm probably only going to be online Friday, Saturday and Sunday. When I get home from work, I'm only awake long enough to eat something and I am OUT lol :icecream

• Admin

Man this reminds me of when I worked at the health clinic, i had orientation for 2 weeks 6 hours a day. Then started to learn the office, one lady there was really nice and always helping me, the other would give me dirty looks when I asked a question cause I forgot about the answer....

lunch was cool, I got to go where ever i wanted for an hour (mostly in my car listen to music) had free lunches cause the Pharm would come and meet with the docs and would buy us lunch... :)

I wish you all the luck hun..have fun