Some Photos From Our Holiday In Hungary

Erinaceus

Hello again everyone,

Miki and I have been back since the day before yesterday, late in the evening, and have been recuperating from the long trip (17 hours by car, in one stretch, maybe not much by US standards, but it is in Belgium). We've had a really good time at my uncle's house and his rustic, antique, authentic farmhouse (or whatever adjective you wanna use :rolleyes: ). We've been able to relax, take long walks, visit some sights, etc, of which the first was a real necessity :) .

I'm taken lots of pics during our ten-day stay, so I'll only give a sample (though it's still a lot of pics; hope you guys don't mind ^_^).

Here goes ...

The traditional Hungarian 150/80/15 year-old farmhouse we stayed at (i.e. it has a 'really old part', but also a newer part and even a fairly modern part).

DSC03771.jpg

Inside, an authentic 150 year-old Hungarian kitchen (we used a more recent on though :P )

DSC03767.jpg

Miki inside the farm house, with a nice light effect :)

DSC03769.jpg

And now enjoying her breakfast ...

DSC03776.jpg

Some churches ... (they have a lot of those in Hungary, most really nice looking and with rather different styles)

DSC03883.jpg

DSC03824.jpg

DSC03789.jpg

Same church as the last photograph, but Miki wanted to have some pics of me included as well :rolleyes:

DSC03792.jpg

Some sights ...

DSC03784.jpg

DSC03844.jpg

DSC03799.jpg

DSC03843.jpg

DSC03798.jpg

DSC03805.jpg

DSC03863.jpg

And a photo of me to offset all the photos Miki is in ("okay, if I must" :rolleyes::P )

DSC03849.jpg

A local restaurant with traditional Hungarian dishes, where we ate diner a couple of times ...

DSC03820.jpg

We also visit a couple of museums. The one Miki is posing in front of is an archaeological regional museum.

DSC03899.jpg

This is a local heritage museum of sorts. It's basically the same as the one we stayed at, but without added modern comforts (and of course an admittance fee :rolleyes: ).

DSC03832.jpg

Some animals and plants ...

DSC03817.jpg

DSC03860.jpg

DSC03797.jpg

DSC03870.jpg

DSC03872.jpg

Miki and I really like this type of butterfly :D

DSC03814.jpg

DSC03823.jpg

(we're both biologists, does it show? :rolleyes: )

My uncle's two dogs, both of them adorable, on the way to the man?ge :D

DSC03916.jpg

On of the two paddocks where the horses were allowed to roam free during the day (and Miki, my uncle and one of his dogs).

DSC03922.jpg

DSC03933.jpg

The man?ge has it's own cats to keep the mouse under control (or because they're just so cute, who knows? :) ).

DSC03937.jpg

Oddly enough, the dogs didn't much took notice of the cats

DSC03945.jpg

A photo of the two of us to finish with...

DSC03851.jpg

Edited by Erinaceus

Great photos!! It looks like you guys had a wonderful trip!!! It looks beautiful at the farmhouse where you guys stayed.. The churches are gorgrous, the pics of the animals and nature are just beautiful... (The pasture with the horses is amazing)...

Okay and Miki.. How is it possible to look THAT cute when eating breakfast?!?!?!?! (When I first wake up I am a nightmare, and cranky. And she's adorbable and sweet!!!)

Thanks for posting all of those. It was fun to see everything : ) Glad you guys had fun, and of course, glad to have you guys back!

very nice pics...beautiful farmhouse...and Miki does look very pretty.. :) ..I love the ones with the snail and the butterfly..wow..gr888 shots... :)

Edited by SunshineGurl

Thanks everyone for the nice comments :D . Miki does look cute, I must agree ^_^. (judging from that photo no-one could ever guess she she's usually rather moody for the first 45min after waking up :rolleyes::P )

And Chrissy, if you ever decide to, drop by Antwerp then ;) .

Edited by Erinaceus

Thanks everyone for the nice comments :D . Miki does look cute, I must agree ^_^. (judging from that photo no-one could ever guess she she's usually rather moody for the first 45min after waking up :rolleyes::P )

Sounds like Miki and I would get along great in the mornings, my family knows better than to try and talk to be for the first half hour or so :P

And of course Antwerp would be on my list of visits :)

Great pics! I love old country stuff! Old country both in the term of early european and old country as in old things in the country..... however, I particularly loved the pics of the dogs in the car and the two kitties! Those gave me the biggest smiles! I'm a sucker for fur! Not on men though... strangely....

Great pics! I love old country stuff! Old country both in the term of early european and old country as in old things in the country..... however, I particularly loved the pics of the dogs in the car and the two kitties! Those gave me the biggest smiles! I'm a sucker for fur! Not on men though... strangely....

That last one nearly killed me. A completely furry men :rofl:lol1

ooh such wonderful photos!!! :D

miki... you remind me of someone...

an actress... i can't remember who...

:) i agree... beany has good reason to *wheet whew*

i like the country pictures...

i like the country...

i like horses... and cows... and dogs... and cats...

*sigh* so peaceful.

very nice! very nice!

y'all look wonderful together by the way. :heart:heart

I am so jealous! What a gorgeous place your uncle has! It looks like you guys had soooo much fun. You guys are such a cute couple, you "match" I like it when couples look like they should be a couple. Hungary is on my list of places to travel to, it's a long list but I'll make it through, thanks for the pics!

Cool pix! You guys sound like me on a trip--take more than one pic of everything!! Those closeup plants and insects are spectacular. I love nature stuff. :) Beautiful countryside, churches, animals, etc. I never really looked at Hungary before--I'm glad you shared it with us. :kewlpics:

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! Beautiful pictures! Hungary looks just like I remembered it. My Dad is from the province, Vesprem. He lived in a little village outside a town called Papa.

All his family is still there. I was there twice, but a really long time ago.