So Hard To Resist!

uberleslie

I probably go the my pet store once a week (between my 3 cats, 1 dog, and 2 fish). And every time I go I check out the fishies. And every time there is this HUGE red and white ryukin that's alone in a tank. He's been there since June...frankly, I can't believe he's still hangin' in there. His tail is full of red streaks and is stained yellow, so I'm sure he's sick. I always visit him and he's very social...poor guy! He looks a bit worse each time, and no one is going to buy him at $50.

:(

I just have NO room for another fish, especially a gigantic one. I may upgrade tank size in December...but even then, an enormous male would be pushing it (afraid he'd battle with my big male common).

It just breaks my heart I can't save him.

Just needed to vent!

I have a hard time saying no. Needless to say that I have nearly 20 tanks. If he's been there since june I'd bet they'd spin a deal for him, stores always need the water space and a fish sitting there not selling is costing them money. If you where to buy say a 20 gallon and filter a full price I'd almost gurantee they'd sell you that fish at a discount price, sounds like your a frequent customer, so they'll like to keep you happy.

Maybe you could talk to the store manager, explaining that he is sick. I don't know...do you have any old tanks hanging out or maybe you could get a small tank and take him home... a whole lot of maybes here huh?

I hate that! I had to quit going and looking at the fishes at a certain pet store I stop at...they are horrible fish keepers! I complained to the manager and online. I finally made my way to look at the "new" section at the store...they redid all the tanks and the new batch of fish are free of infection! Keeping my fingers crossed...but if you say something maybe it would help!

If only we had enough room to take in all the homeless animals of the world. I feel your pain! It is very, very sad!

Awwwww that's the worst. That was why I got my girl Penny, she was sitting in the lfs forever, week after week, all alone. But if he is such a big fish, your options are limited, unless you want to set up a rubbermade ;)

Awww, poor guy. I can really sympathize. There is a wonderful giant calico ryukin at a local pet store I go into every once in a while, and he has been there almost a year now. He is at least 7 inches long, mostly white/black with a little orange on his head, and just a few red streaks in his tail. Breaks my heart every time. It could be worse though, he does have one 10 gallon all to himself. There is also a big black moor in another 10 gallon, almost as big, who has been there almost as long.

Honestly, if he is still there when I get back from school (not very likely) I'm buying a nice big tank and bringing that guy home.