Blood Worms?

Franky

i bought blood worms today cause i read some of u guys feed ur fish deez suckers! but the label says great for tropical fish!can i still feed dem dis? and how many times a day or week?thanx! :)

i feed freeze dried blood worms occasionally -- maybe once a week. my goldies love 'em.

i would feed more often, but i can't figure out how to get them to sink and my oranda gets floaty when she eats on the surface.

ah, well, some foods are just good for all of them. It's more the foods get specialized when they're mixed products, as in the flakes or pellets. Then they combine things that are best for certain kinds of fish. But, straight foods, krill, brine shrimp, bloodworms, spirulina, they're good for everyone. I currently have frozen bloodworms. I like the frozen foods. I guess cuz they just seem more "natural," rather than dried.

Guest Orandaa

I usually feed my fish bloodworms every other day, sometimes less. They're a good protein source and also have a bit more fat than some pellets, which can be good in moderation. I find my fish aren't too crazy about them though, but I'm still trying to get them to love them!

I feed the frozen bloodworms to develop nice wens on baby Ranchu and such.

I feed the freeze dried bloodworms in gel food - added to the gel food, they sink. They also are made into a block that is big enough that the bigger fish can get them easily without the little dried things being sucked into the filter and going to waste. They are good for conditioning breeding fish at the end of the season before the dormant period - as well as growing out smaller fish and wenned fish.

I feed the frozen bloodworms to develop nice wens on baby Ranchu and such.

I feed the freeze dried bloodworms in gel food - added to the gel food, they sink. They also are made into a block that is big enough that the bigger fish can get them easily without the little dried things being sucked into the filter and going to waste. They are good for conditioning breeding fish at the end of the season before the dormant period - as well as growing out smaller fish and wenned fish.

Wow thanks i can now try to see if my lionhead can grow a wen !lol