Tetratec External 700 Filter

Have cleaned and changed some of the filters on tetratex 700 but cannot get the flow back into the tank strong enough to use the spray bar............I have checked everything I can think of, gone through the trouble shooting at back of instruction book, ensured all connections are tight but do not know where to go from here.

Thought I had solved all my problems by getting an external filter (had loads of problems with internal filters) but seems problems are just starting all over again. Hope someone can help

• Admin

This is a canister? From what I was looking up :)

If so canisters can be alittle tricky sometimes....When my canister doesnt want to push water fast enough, this is what I do :)

First thing is to clean the peller compartment, very important since this is the main power for the water flow...Then once I have that cleaned out and get the canister primed again, I will tilt the canister a bit and slowly move it upright again. What this does is get all the air out of the canister.

Try that :)

I have a TetraTec 1200 and sometimes have trouble getting it going again. As Koko said, check the impeller as it can get gunked up, but usually mine doesnt pump properly when it hasnt fully primed and is thereforejust pushing air. Is yours full up?

And they do have a habit of getting air in, as Koko said, tilting it well help expell it.

Any luck?

Thanks Koko and Claire, am going to have another look at it tomorrow when I have time and will do what you have suggested. Thanks for replying, hope this sorts it out for me.