Chicago(darien) - Mpks Show 2008

Here are some pics of MPKS show in 2008. I have seen a lot of good fish and also buy one for myself. Here is the site for the show.

Pics for day 1.

P1020007.jpg

Those fishes belong to Daryl and they are my fav too.

P1010996.jpg

P1010997.jpg

P1020004.jpg

P1020058.jpg

P1020066.jpg

Pics of me choosing a fish from Ron

P1020009.jpg

I will post more pics after today visit. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

I cleaned up the Ryukin class - took 1, 2, 3, 4 and breeder's award with them. I got baby grand reserve champ with my little bubble eye - and 1st place eye fish with one (There are TWO awards for the Altzheimer's wall!!!). I got the AGA fish award for that monster Ryukin, "Arnold". My red Ranchu took best of breed. The Bristols took best of breed and 3rd place. (Single tail). I did pretty well. There was a friendship award for the big "Other" - a Veiltail/Ryukin cross that is MONGO.

I bought a little red BubbleEye so the Altzheimer's tank will have a "Gold" fish in it, now (same size as the B&W). I also picked up three little calico Ranchu babies - about 1.5 inches in length - good breeding material to introduce calico into my line. ONe is beautiful blue - the others are more red/black. All are in quarantine but I shall attempt to take my usual horrid pictures of them when I can.

Right now I have two babies (human breed) - a 2month old and 1 year old. I am SOOOOOO tired. Babies are NOT for the older person. I could not survive full time care of a baby right now. I never get enough time to do ANYTHING. It is nap time right now - so I am doing laundry, have to do dishes and vacumn. I changed tanks like a mad woman this morning during the morning nap. Whew.

I am going to try to post pictures as soon as possible.

:)

Oh, good grief. The naps were only overlapped by 15 minutes or less! ARGH. Babies. Gotta love 'em. Gotta give them back to the daughters!!!!

:krazy:

This was the set- up for the goldfish. Each is a 10 gallon tank with an air stone in it. The water parameters are maintained by the use of Amquel type products and fasting the fish.

post-27-1219870178_thumb.jpg

Congratulations Carol (Daryl)..oh my god you do have the most beautiful ryukin, I have ever seen...the ranchu..oh my god..I love the guy...WOW...and yeah waiting for more pics when u get a chance...

and good luck with the human babies.. :D ...take care..dont stress urself too much.. :)

thanks Fred..for sharing all the pics..some more pics of the fish you bought..plzzz.. :)

Edited by SunshineGurl

Grand Champion.

(!)

Blue Oranda

This picture does not do the color justice. It is truly one of the prettiest blues I have ever seen!

post-27-1219870539_thumb.jpg

The club has all the tanks. If you wish, you can bring your own. Each year we store them away in a POD. Each show we bring them out, replace the broken ones and wash, bleach, fill and set them up. We have a set of airstones and PVC main lines running from two monster airpumps that supply the air for the tanks. Each stone and such is sterilized before each show, also. NO ONE touches the water except the exibitor or a water control expert (I do that most shows) with the permission of the exhibitor.

I am proud of my Ryukin. They are really one of my favorites - and a breed I have had a good deal of luck breeding and showing. :)

The big black Ranchu that was Reserve Grand Champ was dropping eggs for a bit. I tried my male as well as a friend's REALLY NICE male, but neither was conditioned for breeding at this time .... and she only dropped about 100 eggs anyway. So, no babies were created at this show. ( :( )

CONGRATS Carol. It's a pleasure to meet you and thanks for helping me choosing ranchu and your five little ryukins.

Here is a ranchu that I purchase from Ron (Carol's hand pick, lol)

P1020198.jpg

P1020211.jpg

P1020212.jpg

These little guys are gift from Carol. They are beautiful.

P1020202.jpg

P1020203.jpg

P1020204.jpg

P1020205.jpg

P1020206.jpg

My Fav

P1020207.jpg

Thanks again Carol.

Guest ak47_chicago

Wow Small Ranchu, Lucky you to having her to hand pick some nice Ranchu for you!! I hope someone helping me to hand pick some nice Ranchu too. So how much Ron's charging you for those nice Ranchu? Also, those little baby from her is beautiful too. Especially the black one with a long long tail I wish I can meet her their too!!! But oh well. Do you know she will sell some to me since I don't know her. I want some Ryukin with broadtail too!!!!!!

I've been looking every where for this post! OMG, the goldfish are amazing. Small, that is a cute ranchu there. Carol knows how to pick them. Also :Congrats: Carol on your win. :D