Is 82-84 Degree Temp Is Bad For Gold Fish

Guest Dragon

Guest Dragon

i don't know why all my other tank is is 75 degree but my main tank is always 82to 84 degree so i was wonder it is bad for goldfish or it ok ???

thanks!!!!!!11

basically when the temperature is too high, the oxygen levels of the water go down..it is important you have extra oxygen in your main tank..the temperature may not be so bad, but low oxygen levels are bad for goldies..it might leave them gasping for oxygen...have airstones in there...and also you could use a fan to cool the tank...I use a fan and many other members do that too..it works..you could also leave the hood off..maybe half open..but be careful tht ur fish do not tend to jump or anything...

i've got a couple of tanks and i'm often struggling with high water temps cuz i'm in the desert.

i've got multiple airstones in my tanks, i make sure the water level is not right up against the filter output, so it causes splash, and in my main goldie tank, i've also got a powerhead to increase the water circulation.

the tank is still between 82-84, but the fish seem a bit more tolerable than when i didn't have the extra airbubblers and powerhead. i also leave the lights off and the lids open.