How Big Will Gabriel Get?

mardaokansi

so I've been looking around at pictures of ryukins at diff. sites and OMG I really had no idea how big these guys get!! Honestly, my purchase of Gabriel was spur of the moment and not what I recommend to anyone new to the world of goldfish. There were many many things I did not know about goldfish until being sent to this site from asking questions on a turtle forum (they have a section where ppl can discuss their other pets).

so here's a pic of a ryukin: Ryukin.LT.Calico.01A.JPG now is my Gabriel going to get that large?!

if so my next tank should prolly be larger then a 20 gal right?? In my siggy you can see how big he is now, which is not very large @ all. thanks

it depends on how you raise it and its parents if they were small or big so it really just depends on genetics mostly but good food can help it grow and good water balances.

Good food, good water, good health, good genes, he absolutely could get to be that big. That's why I'm only allowing myself 4 goldies in a 60 gallon tank. I'm allowing 15 gallons each and some day, even that won't be enough.

Gabriel can get that big and even bigger! It all depends on nutrition and where your keeping them. If you put gabirel in a huge tank and fed her a diet high in protein she will get BIG and FAST.

If Gabriel stays in a 10 gallon tank and is fed regular fish food all her life she wont grow to her fullest!

Goldfish will grow despite how small their environment is, but the problem with goldfish in a small environment is they wont grow out, they will get WIDE, FAT, and BULGY. But as long as you arent keeping an 8 inch fishie in a 5 gal that wont happen =P

Good luck with gabriel! Shes gonna be a beauty!

Could be. I just bowled up my calico ryukin to measure the other night. He barely fits in the 2.5 gallon tank I use to measure anymore. He's probably a little over 2, and gets lot more than 10 gallons. But then, I have another ryukin that is a good size, but not nearly as fast a grower.

IMG_5820.jpg

Gabriel is very pretty, but from the picture I don't think he's going to be a huge fish any time soon.