White Poo And Many Water Changes

Hello Koko-nuts!

I am still having to work through my cycle bump with daily water changes, which as we know is SOOOO much fun!

However, I am still finding white poo with a few air bubbles in it daily!

I tried medigold for 7 days before I had to fast the fish with this crazy cycle crash

Daily... amm .25 NO2 0 NO3 20

Now I have an upside down swimmer....I am hoping it was just the no3 getting higher, but with this many frequent water changes??? I am at a loss!

I tried to blame it on her wen getting bigger so fast and she is not used to it...I don't think that is a good excuse.

White poo and upside down swimming....any ideas, anyone? :unsure:

Ok reading another thread...neolite and salt IS BAD!

Took the neolite out as I have been using salt to keep the nitrites low during re-cycling!

I will check water parameters when I get home tonight....and post.

Sounds like an internal bacterial infection. You need to keep feeding the Medigold. Feed for 30 days exclusively. But, make sure you don't over feed as this could be a reason for the upside down swimming. Keep doing the salt treatment, but does your fish look bloated?

Well that is what I thought, but with the cycle bump they told me to fast the fish! Yikes! Ok, I will get them back on the meds only for 30 days.

As for the "bloated" bit, she is an Oranda she pretty much always looks bloated. I fed them peas this morning. I think she is just REALLY sensitive to the water parameters.

Medigold it is. Thanks and please let me know if I am not doing something correct. I appreciate you all sooo much. So do my fish! :heart