How Sad :(

Guest Oranda's R HxC

Our aquariums don't hold whales (well none of your normal sized whales :P ), neither do any of our theme parks. There was no choice for this little baby :(

They did try to get it to bond with another group of migrating humpbacks, but he didn't take..

What breaks my heart is that he tried to suckle local peoples boats :( poor darl..

Edited by svendenhowser

Guest Oranda's R HxC
:cry Aww I really feel so terrible :( I love whales and its so sad-poor baby! I still just feel like there could of been something done. Theres this story I forgot where this was but a killer whale baby was moved to an aquarium and handfed I don't know what they gave the baby but just aw I really wish it could of been a similar story for this poor baby. Does anyone know how they euthanised the whale? Edited by Oranda's R HxC

It is very sad. I have a real soft spot for humpbacks, there are tons of them here and I watch the mothers with their calfs every summer. They have a real close bond, I can't imagine ever being able to raise one on its own. I just found this article which says why they chose to put him to sleep (which they did as they would with a dog or cat), he was just too weak from lack of nutrition. The poor little guy probably woudn't have survived being brought into captivity. They also say that an abiorgional 'whale whisper' sang to him in his last hours, I thought that was really sweet.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/outposts/2...-the-humpb.html

Guest Oranda's R HxC

;( SO sad! I love all whales particularly Killer whales but AWW!! My heart breaks with the thought of this beautiful little baby being put to sleep