Driver's Ed

Shamu23

I get to start driver's ed next month :D Im so excited!!!!! lol It sucks that I had to wait till september but soon i'll finally get to take it and then I can finally get my driver's license after my b-day :D :D :D !!!

Edited by Shamu23

• Admin

Thats great hun....pay close attention. Alot of people dont and a big mistake around were I live is not turning on turn signals when moving around a parking lot...one person got a F at the DMV cause of this :(

Good move taking driving ed :)

My mom taught me to drive....yikes. Where we do our road test the first thing you do is a basic test in 'the compound' - a simulated city street, then you go out on the real streets. I did my road test on my 17th birthday and I didn't even make it out of the compound the first time!!! Apparently I rolled 3 stop signs :rolleyes:

Good Luck Shamu! I only went for my licence when I was 22, not fun..

Do you guys do that drivers ed thing at school?

yeah im taking the course at my school and then i'll be able to get my learner's license soon too cuz im already 15 and a half i just need to start the driver's ed first!! I like driving! Its fun! lol, my mom always gets me to get her car out of the garage for her cuz she's too lazy to walk over to it :rolleyes: and I get to drive it for my dad too when he's in the field except now my bro usually does that cuz I sleep in till like almost noon when theres no school so I miss all the fun :( oh well! But Im a way better driver than him anyway! He doesnt agree with that but its ssoooo true! The only thing Im not good with is maps and directions, I always get lost even just to the next town cuz my parents say i cant drive on the highway, but that would make it so much easier!

Edited by Shamu23

Sounds like you'll have no problems then :) Assuming the cars you've driven are manuals and not autos :P

We aren't taught anything at school, you either learn from your parents/brother/sister/family/friend, or pay a professional instructor (EXPENSIVE!!).

Congrats. That will be cool to be able to drive. We had drivers ed in highschool too. I passed and everthing but I did not have anyone ( parent etc to take me for a test- they were all working) But in my twenties-25 or so I think. I paid for lessons through a local department store which as mentioned were expensive. It was all good though because I ended up getting a mp from the army who just got out of the service as an instructor. The only down side of that is his car had no air conditioning because he served in Alaska and it was 105 during that time here in St. Louis

Sounds like you'll have no problems then :) Assuming the cars you've driven are manuals and not autos :P

nah they were all automatic, all 4 of our cars are automatic, but i've only driven 3 my dad would never in his life let me near his Porsche :glare: but then again he rarely even lets my mom drive it, i hate manuals and never plan on driving one!! They're already annoying enough on videogames :P

these days they make em all automatic anyway :D

Haha really? I only saw/driven and auto for the first time ever a year or so ago, never again, driving an auto is absolutely horrendous! This was a newish (05?) holden vectra. Manual all the way, so much more control.. I couldn't imagine what 4wding in an auto would be like..

Edited by svendenhowser

Haha really? I only saw/driven and auto for the first time ever a year or so ago, never again, driving an auto is absolutely horrendous! This was a newish (05?) holden vectra. Manual all the way, so much more control.. I couldn't imagine what 4wding in an auto would be like..

i love them! They're so easy, the car does the gear shifting for u! But i hate our old truck, its really slow with the gear shifting so it feels pretty bad when u drive it, the newer truck and the van drive so much smoother lol!

But the car just goes! It's like they are possessed or something, I'd rather my car stop when I want it to :P I was just petrified all the time that if I wasn't paying attention my foot would slip off the brake just a little and the car would roll into the car infront, scary..

But the car just goes! It's like they are possessed or something, I'd rather my car stop when I want it to :P I was just petrified all the time that if I wasn't paying attention my foot would slip off the brake just a little and the car would roll into the car infront, scary..

haha i did have that happen once, i was backing up out of the garage and my foot slipped off the brake and it just went straight backwards alot faster than it should've gone haha but i got control of it again lol, there wasnt really anything to hit but it was kinda embarissing cuz my dad and his 2 assistant helper dudes were closeby watching lol, usually its so easy!