New Fishie

Hey got a new baby . and I do mean baby . He is so tiny. he is about the size of a very small grape. He is a orange pearlscale with black spots on his back. Named him Michael. I will attach pics. Mind you they are very blurry from the camera phone. Angel dwarfes him but likes him. It seem like Michael likes hanging out with Gabriel though ( the catfish) . He is so small he is dwarfed by the river rock in the bottom of the tank and can hide pretty well behind one of them. He is so cute. I have never had one that little before.

MichaelandAngel.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

MichaelandAngelagain.jpg

OMG, what a cute little pearlscale! :heart I love them, they are one of my favorite goldfish. He'll grow in no time at all. :)

I am sorry to report that Michael passed away sometime yesterday while I was at work. I came home and found him wedged between the airline tubing and the back of the tank. I was upset. Poor baby. Mom was not at home to rescue him. He was so tiny. I never thought he would get caught between something. I am going back to where I got him and hoping to find a bigger one. He was so cute I am gonna miss him

I'm soooo sorry for you and your little Michael! :tou

I've noticed a real trend these days in fish stores. The fish are coming in smaller and smaller. When they are that small and that young, they still really haven't stabilized on successful living. This is the time when they should be kept in good healthy ponds and not moved around so they can grow and get strong. I've seen a lot of tiny pearlscales lately and I've seen a lot of them wedged in between tubing and pipes and it's sad. And there's no way they can fight disease that small. They have so many strikes against them when they're that small and sent out into the world that soon.

thanks everyone. I agree Lynda. I thought he was rather small when I got him but thought he had a chance. He actually came from the same tank and same Pet*smart store Angel did. Angel is about 3 inches big counting her tail. Michael was about an inch if he was that big maybe 3/4 of an inch. I thought he and his other pals in the tank were rather small but I was willing to give it a try. I think whoever sold them to the store should have waited till he was a little bigger to sell them to the store. I am planning on checking out a couple other pet*smarts to see if they have pearlies. the one a couple blocks away from my apartment doesn't but I got Michael, Jade and Angel from one in the suburbs. I miss the little guy. I only had him for a couple days but miss him already

Awwww, sorry the little guy didn't make it :(

I've noticed a real trend these days in fish stores. The fish are coming in smaller and smaller. When they are that small and that young, they still really haven't stabilized on successful living. This is the time when they should be kept in good healthy ponds and not moved around so they can grow and get strong. I've seen a lot of tiny pearlscales lately and I've seen a lot of them wedged in between tubing and pipes and it's sad. And there's no way they can fight disease that small. They have so many strikes against them when they're that small and sent out into the world that soon.

I 100% agree. For those of you who remember, I had a real battle with a tiny little lion head a few months ago who ultimately didn't make it. I was at the lfs where I got him a month or two ago and there were still a few like him there, they hadn't grown at all. I've also seen tanks of tiny pearlies here, there must be a real demand for them or something. I personally am not planning on buying any more tiny fish.

me either. And you are right. I did go back and find one a bit bigger. A calico I named Glory.but there were still little tiny ones in the tank. I think they sell like crazy .here is a pic of the new guy

post-8446-1219677114_thumb.jpg

post-8446-1219677174_thumb.jpg

post-8446-1219677191_thumb.jpg