Nightmares!

spencervirt

Hello all!

Just sharing something funny that im curious as to if anyone else has these!

I dont know if its anxiety or what but I always have nightmares about my little goldfish getting hurt! Its torture- I wake up all freaked out and have to go check up on my goldfish in the middle of the night to make sure they're ok!

One night I had a nightmare that for some odd reason I brought my goldfish on a boat ride in a little portable tank and the boat flips over and my fish swim away! I jump in the water to try and find them and I see them swimming away too fast for me to get them.

Another memorable one was when my Dragoneye suddenly gets so sick that hes about to die and I bring him to a place where they do animal clones- so I tried to clone him before he died and it worked. The sad part though, was that he acted totoally different. All the things he did with me before he wasn't doing.

One night I freaked out when I went to check on them after a bad dream and they werent eating and seemed very still! I quickly transported them into a large emergency 10 gallon tank of fresh water only to realize that they were sleeping and not dying! I forgot that they hadnt slept well the night before and were probably very tired still.

Your very normal if you think my topic is off the wall but I was just wondering!

P.S- Have you voted for Kokos today? Your all slackers were number 2 now! Haha

I had one last night.

I left the hood open on my 180 and all my precious goldies jumped out and I woke up to a bunch of dry fishies.

That morning I woke up sat there and then thoought i gotta feed the fish, then the dream hit me again and I got to the basement in record time. and all the wet pets are still wet and waiting for food.

Every now and then I'll have a dream that I've neglected my pets somehow, usually my turtle. I think it's because my turtle lives with my sister so I feel like I'm not there to take care of him. .... I guess it just shows that we're all caring 'moms' :heart

I had one last night that I have a lot where I just find tanks with fish that haven't been fed or changed because I just forgot about them. Usually I'm not even in my house but in the house that I grew up in which my parents don't even own anymore. The worst is that there's always something that prevents me from doing the waterchanges/feedings so I'm trying to remember throughout the dream that I need to do it. My goldfish anxiety dreams seem to come when I'm actually worrying about one of my fish. When I'm not worrying I have dreams about finding some little fish store that has unbelievably gorgeous fish for like $.50 but I'm too far from home to buy them or don't have any money or something dumb like that. :rolleyes:

Guest Yellow

I once had a nightmare about fish... sort of.

Once I had a dream that I was at some sort of picnic and this guy says to me that we're eating frozen hamburgers with betta fish, so I opened one of the hamburgers and there was like... 3 betta fish lying in the hamburger twiching and covered with ketchup and mustard. So I'm like... WTF? and I pick one of them up and drop it in the lake, and it swims around.

I don't even own a betta fish... >>

I've had nightmares that a hurricane came here (being that I'm in Florida, not unreasonable) and the house gets flooded and I have to leave my fish behind. Or that my house catches on fire and I have to leave them.

I just had a dream last night about my fish! Only, instead of only have 4, I had like 30 pearlscales and 50 comets. And I was trying to do a water change and I stored them in this tiny box with hardly any water and they all started jumping out and trying to get away and the more I tried to catch them, the more hurt they got and then I found this sort of big hole in the ground, like a cement hole and I filled it up with water, but the water was too cold and I didn't use dechlorinator so they all started freaking out again and so many of them died and I was just so confused. I woke up panicked, but I sleep right next to my tank, so I just looked up and saw my babies were perfectly fine and happy and just sort of hovering around in their sleepy state.

OH! This made me remember another fish dream I had that I had forgotten about. I was trying to transport my fish in a little container and I was in a boat and the boat sank and the fish started swimming away and I was chasing after them and I did manage to catch them all but they kept swimming away time after time but I still managed to get them. Then we got to shore and I went to put them in a trailer where I thought they'd be safer and as I walked away, the trailer blew up.

What the holy hanna is up with our minds?! How do we come up with this stuff?!!! :tomuch:

What the holy hanna is up with our minds?! How do we come up with this stuff?!!! :tomuch:

Those dreams just mean that we are worried about them, that we care about them :heart

I had one of those goldie dreams the last day in Hungary (yes I was a bit worried) :krazy:

OH! This made me remember another fish dream I had that I had forgotten about. I was trying to transport my fish in a little container and I was in a boat and the boat sank and the fish started swimming away and I was chasing after them and I did manage to catch them all but they kept swimming away time after time but I still managed to get them. Then we got to shore and I went to put them in a trailer where I thought they'd be safer and as I walked away, the trailer blew up.

I had the exact same dream minus the trailer blowing up. Im talking EXACTLY the same dream- freaky huh?

Edited by Mustloveoranda

Guest luli k

i once had a frecky dream that my fish were mating( a common chasing an oranda ), then before she released her eggs she turned around and swallowed the common whole!!!and the common was about 11 cm, oranda about 9cm, what a nightmare.

Great topic! it was actually my dream the other night that made me come back to this forum!!

I had a dream that my 3 spare tanks were suddenly full of water and i was running around like crazy with net in hand trying to swap fish from one tank to another as I had the extra tanks available!!!

I was all confused as to who I should house with who (not like me as I am very methodical in how I house my babies) and I would never swap them with out QT time...so this dream puzzled me....Is it a wish to have more fish??? LOL

I have over the last year downgraded to 6 tanks (from 9) and I have stopped breeding too. So I do wonder if my dream was a reflection of my past that I would like to breed again?

STRANGE!

Chrissy_Bee nice to see u!!!!