Angelfish

Who here knows anything about Angelfish. My boyfriend's sister has an incredibly overstocked tank and she does not keep up with the water changes at all. I think it's a 20 gallon she has tetras, skirted tetras, a dwarf gourami, two kisser fish, one of which lives in a plant and doesn't come out because the other one will fight with it, and an Angelfish with nasty fin rot on it's pectoral fins. It's either fin rot or one of the others is a fin nipper, I'm not quite sure.

I was going to take the angel fish from her to try and cure the fin rot, but all I have is a 10 gallon tank that's empty. Would it be a terrible thing to put it in there by it's self? What do you all think?

It would be ok for a short while but while angel fish dont get more then 6 inches long they do get rather tall and need at least a 20 for one.

10 gallons aren't really the best for angels, but holy cow :thud I think a wet napkin would be a better place for her angel. Hope you're able to help out. Do you think she'd let ya show her how to do water changes? She's really overstocked and doesn't have a very good mix, but atleast the water quality could be better.

Not sure how many tetras are in there, but maybe if she could stand to take the kissing gouramis back to the pet store, that would be a big step in the right direction for stocking issues. Those two alone could get to 8 inches each or more!

but maybe if she could stand to take the kissing gouramis back to the pet store, that would be a big step in the right direction for stocking issues. Those two alone could get to 8 inches each or more!

I told her that, but she doesn't believe me. In Thailand they eat them . I showed her how to do water changes. Her parents don't believe that you have to change the water that much. These are the dumbest College educated people I have ever met. I told her clean water for fish is like fresh air. I asked her do you want to breath fresh clean air , or would you like to breathe the stuff coming out of your septic tank? CHANGE THE WATER!