Cycling My Tank... Again?

Hi everybody! I setup a 15 gallon tank and put it on my window sill ( it is solid wood, very sturdy) and added water. Right now I am in the process of cycling the tank, but my dad went to the pet store and saw this stand and he wants to buy it for me in a couple weeks. So we would have to empty out my 15 gallon tank and put it on the stand then add water. But if I cycle the tank and then we have to remove the water, that would be a waste of time. While removing the water could I put some of the cycled water in a bucket with my fish in there, then set the tank up, add the cycled water and then add declorinated water for the rest of the part? After adding some of my cycled water mixed in with dechlorinated tap water, would I have to cycle my tank over again?

thanks

Most of the good bacteria are in your gravel and your filter media, so as long as you don't change or clean those you should be okay. Saving some of the cycled water may help as well, but it is the gravel and the filter that are really important. You could also get some stuff that will help call Tetra Safe Start that can help speed up your cycle.

A good stand is probably a nice idea. Putting the tank in the windowsill could cause problems for Mocha and Goldie as fish should never be in direct sunlight. The water would get too warm and it causes algae to build up.

Yeah, saving a lot of the water will be good, but like amy said its the gravel and filter media that cycle the water.