Well my bf greeted me with a sad face at the airport yesterday and broke the news to me that Elaine had passed on the previous night. I wasn't shocked, I'd somehow felt that her time was coming, but I was relieved to know that she went very peacefully. It seems that she passed away in her sleep and her little body showed no signs of serious illness or dropsy.

A few years ago my sister picked out a little oranda at the lfs (Jerry) and in the same tank was a tiny lionhead. I fell in love with her and a week later I went back to the store to get her, even though I barely had the room for another fish. Of course, that was Elaine. She was the sweetest little goldie I've ever owned, and my other fish seemed to have a special affection for her as well. About a year ago when she developed sbd and started to lay on the bottom, her big buddy Jerry would go and sit next to her for hours, just keeping her company. When I got my moore George he also spend time around her, it was almost as if she was his new mom in the big tank.

Despite her illness, Elaine was always full of life. My family and friends all loved to watch her antics as she'd scoot over to the front of the tank when she saw me, opening her mouth and begging for food. This morning was pretty sad when I feed the rest of the fish and didn't have to stick my arm in the tank to handfeed my little girl. I'm going to burry her today next to Jerry, her best buddy. I'm sad she's gone but I know she had a great life and went peacefully. Here are a few of my favorite pics of her taken over the years :heart:heart:heart

babyelaine.jpg

100_8878.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

Awwww thanks everyone. I'm tearing up here now, thinking that maybe she is swimming somewhere with her buddies George and Jerry :heart

Thanks for all the kind words, it's nice to know there are people who understand how it feels to lose a special fish.

Guest Oranda's R HxC

Ohmygoshohno. :( I am on the verge of tears just reading this, Elaine was my favorite of your babies (Even though theyre all beatiful) Rest peacefully beautiful girly :Dont-Believe:

Aww Chrissy I am soo sorry. :cry1 I didn't see this thread til just now and I have tears in my eyes. I know how special Elaine was to you.. I'm so sorry you had to come home to this news... I think burying her next to Jerry is so sweet..

Rest in peace sweet little Elaine. I know your momma is going to love & miss you forever.

:rip: