Pictures Of The New Tank Cleaned Up

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would post a couple of pictures of the new tank all cleaned up (if anybody read the other posts this was a really disgusting used tank...two inches of goo on the bottom of it).

I still can't get great pictures, but hopefully everyone can get a sense of it.

Amy

post-15599-1219200598_thumb.jpg

post-15599-1219200655_thumb.jpg

Wow...Amy... :o like you described, it does not look like that at all :whatjust: ..Amazing..you have done a gr888 job with tht :rolleyes: ....wow..Kudos to you :exactly ...its a very beautiful setup...I like the decor and the stand is neat..brings out the tank's colors...its beautiful... :heart

Thanks, guys....It was definately goo filled (though by goo I really mean poo, but I didn't want to say that). When I finally get a fish I will take more shots. Hopefully, I can get a bit better ones. My husband painted on the background for me and I love the bright blue. Oh, and the stand came with it so that was great.

I just started cycling last night with Tetra Safe Start...I'm curious to see if that will speed up the fishless cycle.

Hopefully, not that much :(

Those poor fish were living in some seriously toxic conditions.

But I'm ready for some goo...if it means a fish. It gets embarressing having a fish tank with plants and all and no fish. I don't think people are buying the invisible fish story.

Guest Kaija!

ooh looking guurd :)

at least yours is just an invisable fish, i have and ivisible 1000000 gallon tank and lots of invisible fish and invisible gravel and filter and plants :D

Edited by Kaija!

at least yours is just an invisable fish, i have and ivisible 1000000 gallon tank and lots of invisible fish and invisible gravel and filter and plants :D

Be careful that you don't walk into that invisble tank of yours...you could get a bruise :lol1

It's even pweetier in person :teehee have you gotten out to see any other fishieses besides the qt'd one at Aquarium City?

I added a couple of more plants and rearranged a bit. Much better.

I'm trying to avoid looking right now...but I am going to swing by Oranda after work. I'm trying to find an air tubing that is black so it is a bit more hidden. I don't think they carry it but it is worth a try.

I'm hoping that my tank will be closer to being cycled when I get back next week and then we can take a little fish shopping trip:)

Well, if you can't find it in the stores, they sell it online... black airline tubing Ebay black airline tubing

Oh, also, at least online, I don't know about the store, mmm has black and nnnn has blue.

Edited by Lynda Von G

It looks nice and will look better once you put a fish in it. Fish shopping is always fun to do but the wait is the hard part. I am going to have to check my local pet stores for the black tubing, so the tubes will be a little less noticeable.