Feeding The Gups

I've noticed that my fancy guppies are poo-making machines! I do weekly waterchanges of 30%-60%, but may be going to changes every other week because of school starting again (and of course the homework and activities that come with it!).

So, is it OK for me to feed my guppies every other day to help keep their "waste output" lower? They seem to constantly scavenge and nibble on algae around the tank.

I don't know if I would or not. How about increasing the filtration? You didn't mention the tank size or number of fish, but do you test your water? Are you sure you need to do water changes every week?

Oops! Sorry, here's more information: 10 gallon tank, 5 male guppies, Penn-Plax Cascade Filter that does 100 gph. I don't think I would want to put another filter on there because that would make a lot of current, and they seem to not like strong currents (I had a 4-inch airstone in there, but they seemed bothered by the bubbles and moving water).

I will test the water this weekend (when I would ordinarily do a waterchange), and see what the nitrates are at.

Edited by Petperson04