Fantail And Ryukin With Five Comets?

Guest Oranda's R HxC

Guest Oranda's R HxC

Alright well my Ryukin and Fantail were put in the pond due to constant picking on the little guys in my tank. Only thing is, now I am sort of worried that the comets will hurt the fancies? They seem to do OK like, they are kinda distant from the comets and the comets just constantly zoom around the fancies.. :/ Any concerns? I make sure that the fancies eat too. I know thats one.

I would be concerned if one of the commets tried to breed with one of the fancies, they may be too rough on them. Additionally, the commets may get most of the food because they are quicker then your fantail and ryukin. Finally I would be concerned about predators such as birds and racoons getting the slower fish

Guest Oranda's R HxC

I am overstocked by one. I really don't want to take away more swimming room. I am not concerned about predators at all. I am making sure that the comets are being gentle and I will continue to moniter their behavior, I have been paying special attention making sure both fancies get a chance to eat too

Guest Oranda's R HxC

I live on long island (the subarbs of NY) and I know I'm going to need to bring them in lmao :]

I am going to bring them ALL inside during the winter.

Hmm, well, fantails and ryukins can better compete with commons then say, bubble-eyes or telescopes. So I wouldn't be as worried if there were more delecate fancies in there. You mentioned that you are making sure that the fancies are eating, and thats the main thing that came to mind. Everyone else has mentioned everything I can think of, and as long as you are monitering your fish and how the fancies and commons get along, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Guest Oranda's R HxC

Alright, well so far the fancies have been in there less than a day and their swimming habbits changed, they swim more like the comets now? And also, they are actually the first little guys getting food. The comets are kind of dumb and dont realise for a while. It seems like this will work out well :)