List Of Goldfish Items

conditioner ph tests ,nitrate and nitriteTests,filter ummm water changes,anything else? :wacko: oh and water and a tank lol!

Edited by Franky

conditioner ph tests ,nitrate and nitriteTests,filter ummm water changes,anything else? :wacko: oh and water and a tank lol!

thanks I have conditioner, test kits, filter I do water changes a nice big tank and water of course lol!icon1.gif

1. A large enough tank. At least 10 gallons per fancy; 20 gallons per single tail.
  2. A large enough filter. Needs to turn over the tank volume at least 10 times per hour.
  3. A drop-type test kit, including tests for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and pH. Good to also have KH and GH tests.
  4. Good sinking pellet food. Recommended brands include New Life Spectrum, Dainichi, Pro Gold, and Omega One.
  5. Supplemental fresh foods, including peas, fruits, vegetables, and frozen brine shrimp, blood worms, etc.
  6. A good water conditioner. Recommended brands include AmQuel+ and Prime.
  7. A Python. Makes large, frequent water changes quick and easy. This would be a great thing to ask for for Christmas.
  8. A notebook or three ring binder to keep records about aquarium maintenance and any illness your fish have.
  9. Basic medication/first aid/emergency kit. Aquarium salt, epsom salt, Prazi, Metromeds, Medigold, clove oil, peroxide, tweezers, battery operated pump, baking soda, etc.
  10. If you've got the money, a good UV sterilizer is a plus.

Edited by Acupunk

1. A large enough tank. At least 10 gallons per fancy; 20 gallons per single tail.
  2. A large enough filter. Needs to turn over the tank volume at least 10 times per hour.
  3. A drop-type test kit, including tests for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and pH. Good to also have KH and GH tests.
  4. Good sinking pellet food. Recommended brands include New Life Spectrum, Dainichi, Pro Gold, and Omega One.
  5. Supplemental fresh foods, including peas, fruits, vegetables, and frozen brine shrimp, blood worms, etc.
  6. A good water conditioner. Recommended brands include AmQuel+ and Prime.
  7. A Python. Makes large, frequent water changes quick and easy.
  8. Basic medication/first aid kit. Aquarium salt, epsom salt, Prazi, Metromeds, Medigold, clove oil, peroxide, tweezers, battery operated pump, baking soda.
  9. If you've got the money, a good UV sterilizer is a plus.

what is epsom salt, prazi, metromeds, medigold, clove oil, peroxide? #8 where do you buy those items and how much will the total cost? what is a battery operated pump? what does it do? Why would I need tweezers? why do I need baking soda? thanks

what is epsom salt, prazi, metromeds, medigold, clove oil, peroxide? #8 where do you buy those items and how much will the total cost? what is a battery operated pump? what does it do? Why would I need tweezers? why do I need baking soda? thanks

• Epsom salt -- Useful for dropsy. You can buy at the drug store for $2 - $3 for a large bag.
  • Prazi -- For flukes. All goldfish from the LFS have them. All fish should be treated for them.
  • Metromeds & Medigold -- Medicated foods. When you need them, you need them right away. Only available through www.goldfishconnection.com. Get them now when you don't have an emergency. You can also get prazi from Goldfish Connection.
  • Clove oil -- You can get at a health food store. Useful for euthanizing fish. :(
  • Peroxide -- Useful for cleaning small scale and fin infections or injuries using a Q-tip. Can also be added to the water in a power outage emergency to raise the level of dissolved oxygen in the water (1 mL per ten gallons of tank water).
  • Battery operated pump -- Useful if your power goes out in a storm, to keep your fish alive until the power comes back on. I have a large battery back-up system (made for computers) that my air pump and filters are plugged into in case the power goes out while I am away from home.
  • Tweezers -- For removing a foreign body from your fishes' mouth.
  • Baking soda -- Useful if your pH crashes. If your KH is low, then Buff It Up from Goldfish Connection is a better long-term solution.

Another thing that I forgot is a brand new bucket that has never been used for cleaning that will be devoted exclusively to aquarium chores. And a set of measuring spoons.

• Epsom salt -- Useful for dropsy. You can buy at the drug store for $2 - $3 for a large bag.
  • Prazi -- For flukes. All goldfish from the LFS have them. All fish should be treated for them.
  • Metromeds & Medigold -- Medicated foods. When you need them, you need them right away. Only available through www.goldfishconnection.com. Get them now when you don't have an emergency. You can also get prazi from Goldfish Connection.
  • Clove oil -- You can get at a health food store. Useful for euthanizing fish. :(
  • Peroxide -- Useful for cleaning small scale and fin infections or injuries using a Q-tip. Can also be added to the water in a power outage emergency to raise the level of dissolved oxygen in the water (1 mL per ten gallons of tank water).
  • Battery operated pump -- Useful if your power goes out in a storm, to keep your fish alive until the power comes back on. I have a large battery back-up system (made for computers) that my air pump and filters are plugged into in case the power goes out while I am away from home.
  • Baking soda -- Useful if your pH crashes. If your KH is low, then Buff It Up from Goldfish Connection is a better long-term solution.

Another thing that I forgot is a brand new bucket that has never been used for cleaning that will be devoted exclusively to aquarium chores. And a set of measuring spoons.

What does LFS mean? what does eithanizing mean? thanks

LFS = Local Fish Store (this means Pet*Co, Pets*Mart, small fish stores, etc.)

Euthanizing means putting to sleep. Like if you have a fish that is really sick and is in pain and you know it is not going to recover, you might want to put it out of its misery in a quick and comfortable way. Clove oil will do that.

LFS = Local Fish Store (this means Pet*Co, Pets*Mart, small fish stores, etc.)Euthanizing means putting to sleep. Like if you have a fish that is really sick and is in pain and you know it is not going to recover, you might want to put it out of its misery in a quick and comfortable way. Clove oil will do that.
thanks

What does LFS mean? what does eithanizing mean? thanks
Are all these products safe to go into a fish tank?

You would never put clove oil in the tank. If you have to euthanize a fish you would do it in a separate container. The other medications are safe, but only used as directed by a moderator here and/or instructions on the label.

so I need a tank, water ( of course), fish, lid (w/ lights), filter, decorations, gravel, plants, salt, test kits, cycle, water conditioner, net, syphon, medications

any extras I could get?

Don't forget the air pump and tubing for it. And I think I mentioned a bubble wand in your other thread. This is to keep oxygen in the water. With your 15 gallon, I would leave the water about a 1/2 inch to an inch down from the top of the tank. This also helps when the filters splash the water and gives the fish more oxygen.

Don't forget the air pump and tubing for it. And I think I mentioned a bubble wand in your other thread. This is to keep oxygen in the water. With your 15 gallon, I would leave the water about a 1/2 inch to an inch down from the top of the tank. This also helps when the filters splash the water and gives the fish more oxygen.

thanks I am getting a 20 gallon airpump later yeah!icon1.gif