I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaack

Chrissy_Bee

Hi everyone!

I'm very very very jet lagged but I just wanted to check in and see what's up around here. I had a fantastic trip to California, my conference was a ton of fun (biologists like to party...a lot) and then my sis and I spent some time in San Francisco, which was great. I'll post some pics later :)

As for my fish, there's good and bad news. The good is apart from demolishing a very nice plant, my fish were little angles while I was away. Penny apparently escaped over with George and Fred again and all three are living peacefully! The sad news is Elaine passed away last night :cry I'm sad, but I also know it was her time. My bf took great care of her while I was gone but I think she had an internal infection. To be honest, I'd suspected it before I left, I saw some red streaks in her tail, but I didn't even want to put the poor girl through treatment. I took her out of the tank today and there were no real signs of illness, so I don't think she suffered. I'm happy to know she passed peacefully, but I sure am going to miss her little begging face in the mornings!

Oh, I am sorry about Elaine. The poor girl! But you were so good to her for a long time -- a lot of people would have euthanized her. Glad that George is still behaving himself -- will you remove the divider now and give the three of them the run of the whole tank?

Glad that you had a good trip. I miss the opportunity to go to professional conferences. Now that I have kids I am on a short leash. :)

Thanks everyone, I'm going to do an obit for poor little Elaine now. I'm sad but in a way relieved, I think I felt this was coming.

Kristen, yes I have the divider out of the tank, the fish were together day and night for 5 of the 8 days I was gone and all is well. I'm still watching them closely, but everything is going great.

And yes...pictures are soon to come. I got to go to two aquariums (Monterey Bay and San Francisco) so I have a few fishey pics that will only be appreciated here!