X Mas

I know I'm getting a gift certifcate to my lfs and I'm gonna get heater soon

i want a ranchu or an oranda have to be choclate colored! i want it so bad!i want a ranchu or an oranda have to be choclate colored! i want it so bad!

for xmas i want another big fishtank and a pond (my parents already said no to that :( ) and I also asked for a laptop, cellphone and concert tickets :D oh and for my b-day which is 4 days after x-mas I asked for a car...well 2 cars lol (my parents say I should get a job and buy one myself though :glare: but i cant since i've been turned down for both jobs I applied for so they should totally get me 1 or 2!! Cuz I want a hybrid and a corvette lol hehe)

• 1 month later...

I would like some progold

hmm maybe a laptop

I am at that point when you don't want many gifts (well maybe until college when I am straped for cash)

I would like a car...anything will do

Edited by FishCrazy

My son always gets me a gift certificate for the lfs. My family likes to get everyone one large gift and a few token small ones, so the only thing I've asked for is a 55 gallon. I'd love to have a 75 but having the room for it and the other 4 tanks is an issue, lol, although I will put the smallest tank up for a QT/hospital tank.

And btw Hidr, have you checked at your local animal shelter or Humane Society? They do spays and neuters very very cheap compared to going to the vets office and they run specials on cats all the time. I think its around $30-$40 here when its not on special.

Edited by vickielm

I want...

Money!

A big screen TV!

A new computer!

A puppy! (another one!)

New clothes!

Money!

A different car!

Money!

I think that's all lol

After reading all the answers and trying to decide if this question was supposed to be strictly related to what "goldfish related items" do you want for Christmas or whether it really was a general question, since this is a goldy site, I'll stick to the goldy-related desires. I'm at my limit with fish, I really can't put a bigger tank in my apartment, I just redecorated, I just went hog wild on food, so I'll have to go with Chickey's answer and say a tank cleaner and, I'll expand it to an "on-call" tank sitter for when I have to go out of town.

Assuming Santa brings me a unicorn and a life-sized statue of Johnny Depp made entirely out of dark chocolate, I'm going to ask my folks for a better filter for Bette Davis, and maybe some Guaranteed Snail-Free moss balls.

(Hate when those tagalong snails that breed like they are responsible for the repopulation of their species....)

Assuming Santa brings me a unicorn and a life-sized statue of Johnny Depp made entirely out of dark chocolate, I'm going to ask my folks for a better filter for Bette Davis, and maybe some Guaranteed Snail-Free moss balls.

(Hate when those tagalong snails that breed like they are responsible for the repopulation of their species....)

And OMG you cannot get rid of them!!!!!!! They showed up unannounced and uninvited about a year ago in my tropical tank from a live plant that followed me home. I got rid of the plant. Still had snails, of course. Finally tore the tank down, put new gravel in, scrubbed it out including filters, lines, everything. And a year later after all of that, they STILL show up now and then.

I go after them like spiders. I despise them.

And OMG you cannot get rid of them!!!!!!! They showed up unannounced and uninvited about a year ago in my tropical tank from a live plant that followed me home. I got rid of the plant. Still had snails, of course. Finally tore the tank down, put new gravel in, scrubbed it out including filters, lines, everything. And a year later after all of that, they STILL show up now and then.

I go after them like spiders. I despise them.

I was actually one of those people who said, "Aw, cute snails! I'll bring a couple home!"

After I realized that they were laying eggs *on* my fish and actually attempting to crawl out of the water (presumably to colonize my dorm room) I took my fish out and poured two full shakers of salt (hypothetically stolen from the cafeteria), three cans of coke, and dishwashing soap into the water.

Fixed the problem right away! :D