Charlie's Wen

This is what I noticed the other day and mentioned to Tinkokeshi. But I realized that I didn't get a good pic of it.

Charlie's wen is growing towards her tail now. It's past her dorsal fin and starting to split in the middle.

20080818-224926_800.jpg

20080818-224929_800.jpg

20080818-224848_800.jpg

That's pretty wild, huh?

TFR4B.gif

You need to go see that vet guy in Orange County that does surgeries on koi and have Charlie's wen trimmed. What was that guy's name?

your fish is beautiful. I would not worry about trimming its wen unless the fish really had difficulties with swimming. I have seen wens with even more extreme developments on orandas not effect the fish. I personally think that trimming the wen does more harm then good. I mean these fish were bred to look this way.

Can he see out of his eye? From what i have "Read" that would be one of the reasons for a trim. But??

Crazy growth. WOW!!

It could be, but I think the more pressing issue would be if the fish has trouble breathing. My oranda Fred Jr. had wen growth covering both eyes, but he had no trouble finding food.

You need to go see that vet guy in Orange County that does surgeries on koi and have Charlie's wen trimmed.

Why would I have it trimmed?

Well, if it were to start affecting how the fin stood up or how he swam or anything, you might need to. Just thinking way in the future. Sorry! Didn't mean to upset! :(

You need to go see that vet guy in Orange County that does surgeries on koi and have Charlie's wen trimmed.

Why would I have it trimmed?

Well, if it were to start affecting how the fin stood up or how he swam or anything, you might need to. Just thinking way in the future. Sorry! Didn't mean to upset! :(

I wasn't upset. I was just curious what your thought was.

If she couldn't find food, her swimming was messed up, or her fin was smashed - I'd have to consider it. So far she's doing just fine. :)

• 2 weeks later...
oooh..la la...wat a beautiful wen...wow :heart

It's even bigger now!

Haha. Maybe I'll take more pics this weekend. :)

I could write about her wen once a week, and call it a "Goldfish Blob" instead of "Blog." :P