Black & White Butterfly Moor...

AHHHHHHHHHHH! lol KATHY Don't uncross anything just yet. When Ken called he told me something that MIGHT come true only MIGHT and if I say it, I know it won't but if it did.. OMG. So Cross EVERYTHING AGAIN! lol

Ken just called.. Shane brought me the phone and I squealed, and Ken must have heard because he said "sounds like someone's having fun!"

First of all. He really is a nice guy and a pleasure to talk to... I asked him all sorts of questions and he never seemed to mind and gave honest answers.. WONDERFUL.

He also said he could have this fish here Wednesday morning... Which would have been fine if I went away Mon & Tues. However, now it was going to be Tues & Wed... Then Thurs I have a concert to go to and you know I will want to do nothing but fish stuff the day it comes.. So I asked him about Friday and he said it was no problem to hold the fish at all...That was HARD on my part becaue I wanted to be like "NOW" but this way I have more time to make sure everything is perfect : )

Names names names.. Still deciding between Kharma and Kismet. Gizmo was in the running (like the cute little guy from Gremlins) but everyone hates that name because we already know a Gizmo...well sorta... I think I'll have to wait and see.......... AHHHHHHH

Oh and if it does end up all white, that's okay.. Because I do think the all white ones are gorgeous. I would love it to stay this way, but all white would be pretty too!

Okay I am gonna give in and say it because I already said it on another thread. I will copy & paste it:

I keep thinking if I actually type it, it will jinx it.

While I was on the phone he asked if I wanted another fish. He said he had a bunch that were about $50. And it wouldn't really add anything to the shipping. I told him I would LOVE to but I only have room for two fish, and I wanted to wait and try to find one that was similar to one on the auction a few weeks ago. He said it was the only fish he had ever gotten in like that. Then he said "wait. I saw that fish the other day. It's still here". Then he said that whoever bought it, bought about 3 fish but hasn't paid or made arrangements. He asked if I would want if it fell through. UMM YES! I've been thinking about that fish for the last 2 weeks.... He said he would call back IF it falls through..

AHHHHHHH! Oh please please please... I'm wondering do I play it cool, and let it play out, or be like "I'll add $50 to whatever they were going to pay"

Some of you know which fish I am talking about, but DON'T SAY IT!!! No Jinxing! LOL Shhhhhh.

HOORAY!!!!!! what about Kungfu Panda!!!spelling I know :rolleyes: ..

Oops I got so excited I missed this LMAO I don't know how to spell it either..Part of me likes the one word names, but part of me would love to name it something silly and fitting. lol

Good idea about waiting to get it on Friday. I always watch mine real close the first couple of days.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH! lol KATHY Don't uncross anything just yet. When Ken called he told me something that MIGHT come true only MIGHT and if I say it, I know it won't but if it did.. OMG. So Cross EVERYTHING AGAIN! lol"

Well for cripe sakes,lol. Just get off one tenderhook and you have us up on another! Alrighty then, told everybody to recross again and will resign myself to the sight of poor fishies swimming very strangely due to all those cross fins for a while longer, lol.

Oh wow, I posted the above before I saw your last post. You better believe I know which fish and not only crossing everything again but tossing in a quick prayer to boot!

Edited by Kathy B

OMG OMG.. I can't believe it LMAO

I am all smiles!! : ) I am smiling so big I am gonna burst out of my house..

Ok guys.. Now I need reassurance.. This is good right? I'm not too new to be doing this am I??? Spending on expensive fish? I am sooo happy with my decision.. but I keep thinking "was this too soon? Am I too new to be jumping into this?". You're ALL gonna help me if something goes wrong ya know!!

:heart KOKO I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:bighug

You and your perfect site and all these great people taught me how to keep my goldies and now I get to start a whole new adventure with my very first auction fish!!! OMG AHHHHHHHH!

:nana:newfish:rockon:bounce:booty:panana

How can something that makes you this happy (and isn't illegal,lol) be anything but good? And while you are relatively new you have become amazingly knowledgeble in a comparatively short amount of time. You also are smart enough to yell for help when needed and actually listen to what is said. So, personally I think you and your new baby/babies are going to do just fine.

How can something that makes you this happy (and isn't illegal,lol) be anything but good? And while you are relatively new you have become amazingly knowledgeble in a comparatively short amount of time. You also are smart enough to yell for help when needed and actually listen to what is said. So, personally I think you and your new baby/babies are going to do just fine.

Ohh Kathy, you are the perfect person to reassure me (and convince me to do these devilish things, You are my angel and devil all in one LMAO) Tell Skye thanks for me because she got me going on the auctions AND realizing how much I loved these telescopes.

Wow I haven't screamed like that in a while LMAO LMAO (Don't tell Shane LOLOLOL)

Hooray! He's such a pretty fishy! And lets hope the other thing works out too! How exciting! I know it goes without saying but when he(they) get to you pictures, pictures, pictures!

Yes let's say when "they" get here, or when my "babIES" get here. I like that idea!!! : )

Of course there will be pictures.. and videos.. and then more pictures. (BTW I an still trying to get new pics of Angel but she does NOT like to pose. She's so nosy that I only get the same shot over and over again of her face right in front of me that I've already posted a 100 times LOL)

I'm going to have to change my whole signature around too LMAO How exciting.. : ) I lovr my life today LOL

At least you finally MADE a signature! lol! Super :Congrats: on the new baby. And, you'll do absolutely fine with all your fish. You've learned so much and, besides, you couldn't get a healthier fish!

OOOh I hope so..I'm almost ready..

The tank was PPED, emptied, scrubbed, filled again, emptied again. Then filled a final time.. All of the filter media was thrown away except for the biowheels which I PPed as well. The rest of the filter media is all new. All of the items in the tank were cleaned with hydrogen peroxide AFTER the PP, and then rinsed.

I am adding a second filter to Malibu & Kahlua's tank which was salted and prazied. Neither of them have been sick at all since I got them.(over a month) I am splitting the biomax up that's in there now between the two filter bags, then refilling each to the top with MORE biomax and letting them run.. After my beach trip I am going to place the second filter on the 29 gallon tank where the new fish is going to get it started (along with the regular tanks filter) and watch that water like a HAWK!! (both tanks actually). I talked to Ken and he said he thinks it would be okay without the seeded material. Just doing extra water changes. Yes, adding the filter media increases the risk of something being passed along, BUT it also keeps the water perfect which will be needed for newly shipped fish. I've been leaning all along to using the media. Everyone so far has agreed. Are you all still with me on that one?

I hope she is a flake!! I really do.. I know calling him would be irratating, but maybe a little email just saying I've thought about it and I am 100% interested and would even cooperate with him on the price would be helpful?? Maybe it would encourage him to give her less time to decide or something??

Jed you know YOUR thread is what got me started on the auction this time? soo THANKS!!! : ) I am sorry you didn't get the fish you were bidding on.. Maybe a better one will come along soon? How much did it end up selling for?

Jed you know YOUR thread is what got me started on the auction this time? soo THANKS!!! : ) I am sorry you didn't get the fish you were bidding on.. Maybe a better one will come along soon? How much did it end up selling for?

Your welcome! :D Be sure to take LOTS of pics for us.

I hope she is a flake!! I really do.. I know calling him would be irratating, but maybe a little email just saying I've thought about it and I am 100% interested and would even cooperate with him on the price would be helpful?? Maybe it would encourage him to give her less time to decide or something??

Well, if you left him with any doubts about your position, then yes, I think it would be the right thing to do to call him and let him know that you've thought about it and you definitely want the fish.

The tank was PPED, emptied, scrubbed, filled again, emptied again. Then filled a final time.. All of the filter media was thrown away except for the biowheels which I PPed as well. The rest of the filter media is all new. All of the items in the tank were cleaned with hydrogen peroxide AFTER the PP, and then rinsed.

I am adding a second filter to Malibu & Kahlua's tank which was salted and prazied. Neither of them have been sick at all since I got them.(over a month) I am splitting the biomax up that's in there now between the two filter bags, then refilling each to the top with MORE biomax and letting them run.. After my beach trip I am going to place the second filter on the 29 gallon tank where the new fish is going to get it started (along with the regular tanks filter) and watch that water like a HAWK!! (both tanks actually). I talked to Ken and he said he thinks it would be okay without the seeded material. Just doing extra water changes. Yes, adding the filter media increases the risk of something being passed along, BUT it also keeps the water perfect which will be needed for newly shipped fish. I've been leaning all along to using the media. Everyone so far has agreed. Are you all still with me on that one?

What about all of this?

don't miss out on the other fish..if Ken says she has come in just once, then yeah you shud get it for sure...I am sooo happy for you..the panda moor is amazing...and if you get the other baby too..wud be awesome...umm..I am sure you can figure out something with moving around here and there..ur good with all tht..but like Lynda said, if there has been a room for any doubt..please call/mail him, so that he knows you want it...Ohhhh...wow..am so exited for you... :)

Thanks J!! : )

The good news is, IF I could get this fish, it's literally the EXACT fish (not even similar, the exact ONE) that I was hoping for all along.. I figured out a plan for my tanks and it left me space for TWO more.. One being the black & white butterfly. And the empty slot being for a future fish like the one I wanted if it ever showed up again.. So I've got the room!! The two can have the 29 gallon all to themselves..

Now we just have to wait and see.. My heart is racing.. I don't even want to get my hopes up, but I am afraid they already are.. : )

I did email him and let him know I was 100% interested... And Spiderman said he talks to Ken all the time and would let him know just how interested I am.. Wish me luck guys!!! AHHHHHHHHH! : )

Well, we are keeping fingers and toes crossed for you!

I heard Ken is VERY slow about answering his e-mails, so hang in there. Maybe Spiderman carriers "clout"...let's hope he does!!! :D

Sue, it is a pleasure to know someone like you who truly loves these fish. Your enthusiasm is fantastic and we know that you will love and take care of this guy. We need more people like you in our hobby. Too often in fish stores I hear people talk about how crappy goldfish are and how they prefer salt water fish or discus fish to goldfish. I appreciate both saltwater and discus fish too but it really takes a special person love these fancies