Battening Down The Hatches

TetraLover

The shutters are up and I'm just sitting here waiting now. I hope my fishies are OK, I left them alone at my apartment while I evac'd to my parent's house with the kittens. My area is under a voluntary evacuation right now, so it's a good thing I came home sunday night!

Eeek they evacuated you guys? I'm keeping an eye out, but being in Tallahassee I'm not too concerned, I've just not experienced a tropical storm while I lived close to the coast, we just go the rain from them in GA. Hope you're safe!

Edited by Maceo

Getting random gusts of winds and rain right now. I don't think I'm going to get any sleep tonight, I just keep watching the news cuz it's all the view of the outside I get right now, lol.

There's tornado watches in some of the counties south of here, mainly the one where I live x.x I hope my fishies are ok. I know the betta would be alright without a filter for a little bit, but the goldies might freak out.

The eye is kind of heading this way, and that's really scaring me because I remember what happened with Wilma and it wasn't pretty, my area didn't even get hit by her eye and we still had car ports twisted around trees.

Mostly worried about the dead trees in the backyard by my apartment falling down and ripping thru the screens and the windows and hitting the ac unit.

Pressure in the storm is dropping, that's not a good sign, that makes it edge closer to being a hurricane.

Storm's angling northwest and is cutting right by us, we'll get wind and rain and not much else, one of the "arms" is passing right over us.

Woke up at 11:40 and it was still dark cuz of the shutters, I didn't know what time it was. Soon as I opened my bedroom door it was bright cuz we didn't cover the bathroom windows and the back windows were opened up again. YAY! LIGHT!!!

We're getting wind right now, the two counties right below me have cancelled school for tomorrow, this should be interesting. How did you fare Tetralover?

Edit: I just heard our county has closed school tomorrow and so has FSU

Edited by Maceo

Maceo, looks like Fay has reached you as well! Very slow moving, last time I checked. Dumping a ton of rain, but we need it.

We had Fay Monday and Tuesday, and still some stuff hanging around the last two days as well. We moved back to Hollywood, FL, 14 days ago, and wouldn't you know - first thing we get is Fay. But it was kind of nice - we spent some time on the beach Monday night, and the waves were great! Rough, but huge and beautiful. However, the sand and water hurt like needlepins with about 35 m/h winds. Needless to say, we didn't go IN the water. :rolleyes: I took some pictures, and will post them tomorrow.

Did you hear about the man who got tossed about by a wind blast and tossed into a building? He was kite surfing or something, and a burst of wind caught his kite and dragged him along. Scary to watch!

We're getting more rain here after the storm than we did during it, lol.

I go home tomorrow, so I'll see how the fishies and windows are then.

I'm fine it's nothing too exciting but the rain and light wind are here, and I still have to go into campus today, so goes the life of a grad student... hope everyone else is safe!

What a welcome back gift Andrea, a tropical storm!

It's STILL raining, we've had about 16 inches and they are projecting an 1" per hour, and we're under a tornado warning, but if it stays on it's path it should miss Tallahassee, it's going NE oF Monticello, luckily I've had no flooding but I know others that have, keep Fl, GA, and AL in your thoughts over the next couple of days.

Thanks Love-Rabbit-Fish, you stay safe tonight too! I just got an email saying our building as in my department on campus is flooded and closed until further notice, they're evacing a neighborhood near me that's in a low lying area, luckily I am on a hill. I just hope the rain lets up our storm collection areas are almost full! I keep hearing cars go by I just hope it's not citizens out and it's people that have to be!