Omg This Is Creeping Me Out!

Shamu23

I keep getting messages from some guy on facebook saying that he really likes me and wants to be life partners for ever :blink: . He says he's 24 and from pakistan, he gave me all his emails and cell #, its creeping me out cuz he's acting like he's totally in love with me yet he doesnt even know me! My facebook doesnt even say that much about me and the pic is horrible, cuz i always look bad in pics. He insists we should be friends so i told him we could maybe be "internet buddies" lol. This probably happens alot but this guy just seems really weird to me...

Wat should i do? I dont wanna hurt his feelings if he's really telling the truth....

In the long run hurting his feelings now is saving his feelings later. Just be straight and say you are not interested in him.

Two words: Green card!

I'm with Imogen, just tell him you are not interested.

It is much easier to give a straight "no" early on that to get caught up in something that feels wrong to you. Go with your instincts, and if it feels weird and creepy, it probably is.

I agree with all that's been said.

Trust your instincts...

if anything, if it were me and some dude randomly started professing his love to me,

and i had no idea who he was...

i would actually go as far as to tell him i'm not interested,

if he doesn't respond to "no"...

block him.

there are too many internet creepies out there...

don't put yourself in any chance of harm in order to be nice.

it's not worth it... he's not your friend... if he doesn't listen to "no" he is not a guy to associate with.

just my :twocents

You won't hurt his feelings, he is a complete low life, probably over 50yrs old looking for someone in a western country to scam. Just ignore him, or block him if you can. I'd go as far to report it to the facebook moderator people (whoever they are) that this guy is out there probably trying to scam other people as well.

Never ever ever EVER trust people over the internet... unless you actually know them in person of course :P

I agree BLOCK HIM!!!! 1) I agree he's probably not 24 in the first place 2) even if he is, why is he trying to get in touch with a 15 year old?? PERVERT!!!!!! 3) anyone confessing their love to someone they don't know over the internet is either lying or crazy. (Except for Sly of course with his love for Kristen LMAO) You can try the polite approach and ask him not to contact you, but he probably won't stop and you'll have to block anyway. EWW!

When I get friend requests on Facebook or Myspace I only add them if it's someone I know, or if it's a singer/band and they send me a personal message trying to get me to check out their music, and I listen to it and like it.. If anyone requests me other than that I just click delete delete delete. Try to avoid the creepies that way..

Never ever ever EVER trust people over the internet... unless you actually know them in person of course :P
3) anyone confessing their love to someone they don't know over the internet is either lying or crazy.

:hmm:hmm:hmm

:rofl2

i guess that makes beany and i the crazy pair...

but of course... he didn't profess his love to me till later on.

hahaha... but i think meeting on koko's is different than some random facebook dude

anyway... back to the topic...

yes... block and report him.

HAHA Tink that's soo different!!!

Shane & I met in a similar way.. We were kids and he was selling posters that he had in a magazine. (Before Ebay). I bought them and he said "hey, you actually still like 80's music?" and he asked if I wanted to be (don't laugh) penpals. I said yes (everyone else made fun of me for liking it!) We wrote to each other for 4-5 YEARS before we even had our first phone conversation.. Then we talked for EVER before meeting in person.. It's fine to meet someone that way, but it has to feel right and not creepy..

I wasn't around when you & Beanie met, but I am SURE it wasn't like THAT at all..

And let's be honest here... We can hopefully lower our guards a little bit here. I think it would be MUCH easier to take advantage of people in chat rooms, facebook, etc, than to spend your time learning about fish so you can trick someone on Koko's!

You and Beanie are AWESOME!!! I think it's sooo cool that you guys were brought together like this and found love!!! : )

I've never had that happen to me on either facebook or myspace. You could just block him from even being able to see your profile. Just click the privacy button at the top of the page and add him to the block list. That way he won't be able to see your profile or contact you....you won't even show up if he searches for your name, it'll be like you don't exist as far as he's concerned.

one of the reasons I HATE the internet it is a gateway for perverts and pedophiles(spelling??)...please Shamu for the sake of your own safety block him from contacting you or report it to facebook and never give out personal info on yourself .They can use the smallest detail about yourlife to find you ..

one of the reasons I HATE the internet it is a gateway for perverts and pedophiles

It's soo true.. I've got a story about this that I can't even get into, but trust me.. They are out there....

Jule...

the reason i suggested you block him, is when internet first started becoming a fad in the homes...

back in the day when AOL was THE internet provider to use...

and chatting was the fun/cool not too horribly dangerous thing to do...

i went to a Taiwanese chatroom once on AOL...

i went there cuz it's cool to see people type in chinese,

plus it's a really great way to practice (since i never practice reading chinese).

so anyway... back then the thing to do (it may still be, but i don't really chat online much anymore... not to strangers at least)

was to ask a/s/l? for age/sex (gender)/ location?

and there weren't (at least it didn't seem like it) as many creepy people online back then.

anyway, so there's this one weird 25 year old guy (this is when i was about your age as well) who would IM me through AOL

since your chat user name IS your AOL user name...

he was practically a creepy stalker type...

professed his love...

yadda yadda...

and it's scary cuz it really is like um WHO are you?

and of course at that age, you don't want to seem rude or impolite!

but i didn't see any harm in answering general questions like

-what my favorite animals are... colors... foods... etc.

well he started asking more and more personal questions that i wasn't comfortable answering, so i blocked him.

a few years back... maybe like 5 or 6 years ago... i was going through my blocked people cuz i think i reached the maximum..

and i thought... oh i can take this dude off... i haven't heard from him in like what? 5-6 years?

i unblocked him and up popped an IM with some greeting like "oh hi! i haven't chatted to you in years!"

and i'm thinking HOLY MOLY!!! BLOCK!!!!!

it's very creepy the crazy people there are out there.

i think it's best that you not bother about being polite with people who make you feel uncomfortable.

there are some really, REALLY disturbed people out there...

beyond what we can imagine...

and unfortunately due to the fact that many of us socialize online now...

they use it to their advantage.

we all just want the best for you!

and crazy men who profess their love for no reason definitely sends red flags waving ALL over the place! ;)

I remember those days! When you could go into a chat room, and talk about things you liked and make friends. I miss that! I LOVED that.. I used to go into chat room and talk about music, and interests and make good online friends.. Then it started getting to the point where it was all about sending pics, trading pics and seeing who you can hook up with in your area... There's me sitting in the country chat saying "So does anyone like Rhett Akins??" and everyone is only trying to meet up.. I stopped going in a LONG time ago, and one time last year just for fun I went back in.. It is soooo bad now! People don't even pretend to want to chat anymore. It's like "hey wanna meet up tonight?"...

So anyway, everyone. Stats? A/S?L??? Webcam?? Pic?

Wat should i do? I dont wanna hurt his feelings if he's really telling the truth....

You should block him and report him. You are a minor, he is stalking you.

You will not hurt his feelings, he is probably doing the same thing to 20 other young ladies.

Tinkokeshi and I are a different story. Neither one of us were on Koko's to "find someone." It was a happy accident in what is a pretty safe place. :)

crazy men who profess their love for no reason definitely sends red flags waving ALL over the place!

:exactly Agreed.

I would just skip the "tell him no" step and proceed straight to blocking him. And report him. If it creeps you out (and it definetly would me!), it's a gut feeling you should absolutely listen to!

You will not hurt his feelings, he is probably doing the same thing to 20 other young ladies.

Again, I agree. There are way too many creepy creepers out there to try to be polite and entertain his joke/obsession/ or whatever.

Edited by Petperson04

ok i'll go and block him then. Too late with the trying not to hurt his feelings i think i already did, he sounded really mad (just cuz i told him i didnt wanna add him on msn, well i didnt say it like that but i implied it lol, and i didnt want daily emails from him lol). I cant believe he's calling me selfish though, I mean come on! He's some weird creepy guy i dont know and just cuz i dont wana marry him (yes he said he wanted to marry me!!!) he calls me selfish! Grr. I sent him one last message saying goodbye lol and now i'll block him :)

ok i reported him too :)

yikes he sent me like 10 messages yesterday!

Edited by Shamu23

ok i'll go and block him then. Too late with the trying not to hurt his feelings i think i already did, he sounded really mad

Good move. Don't give him any more opportunity to mess with you. If he got mad, you didn't hurt his feelings. He got mad because he couldn't control you and take advantage of you.

What a complete creep he was!

ok i'll go and block him then. Too late with the trying not to hurt his feelings i think i already did, he sounded really mad

Good move. Don't give him any more opportunity to mess with you. If he got mad, you didn't hurt his feelings. He got mad because he couldn't control you and take advantage of you.

What a complete creep he was!

Good Riddance. :exactly

I agree with most of what the others said. You can never be too safe on the internet. I don't want to scare you but a lot of pedophiles lure minors in the way this person is contacting you. I would block him and ignore him. I also would let your parents know someone is bothering you on facebook. You might want to put an avatar for a pic on there and then maybe put your personal pics in your pics section and mark them private so only your friends can see your pic , not other random individuals coming accross your page. you also can have the option of marking your profile private so only your friends can view it. you might also want to send a copy of the emails and contact info he is sending you to the administrator of facebook and let them know you are a minor and and adult is making unwanted inaprropiate contact with you. this person may have a history of this and they can put a stop to it. I have a myspace page and for a long time I just had a pic on an angel in the pic spot. When I put my pic up I had a lot of strange men contacting me like they are you.

Dont worry about his feelings, hes probably been saying the same thing to a load of other girls

Ignore any other posts, delete them and block him :)

Ive got a facebook but i dont really like it. I find bebo is the best...No creepy pervets ;)

Some people shouldnt be allowed computers.

Enjoy Facebook without a creepy pervert :D

Edited by emmaandkat