Beach Day Finally : )

CountryLovah

Woo hoo! I've been trying to go to the beach for about 3 weeks now and different things keep coming up. Looks like I am finally going to get to go. (Just me & Shane.. we are Taylor & Tanya free for a few days! YES)

Tomorrow's weather looks good and Tues has a slight chance of thunderstorms.. Hopefully none though.. So you guys all get a break for a few days : ) Don't get to used to it, you know I'll be back and chattier than EVER! : )

And maybe when I get back I can officially say the Black & White Moor is MINE : ) Let's hope so : )

And here I live 3 miles from the beach; it's a straight shot just down the street and I NEVER go!

No Beach! I am cursed and I am never allowed to go... We couldn't sleep AGAIN!!! Seriously I hate this.. Whenever Shane & I HAVE to sleep, we can't. Even if we are tired... If I know I have to be up by a certain time, I just lay there and think sleep sleep sleep sleep. Although the rest of the time I am always sleepy. I tried to sleep but couldn't so I got back up. Layed down again, and sleep did not come. About every half hour Shane or I would ask if the other was still up too and both would say "yup".. So basically I have been up all night and there is just no way I am going to enjoy the beach.. At this point I can only think of ONE thing.. Try to get SOOO little sleep, (maybe a 3 hour nap??) that way I can get myself so tired that tonight I could maybe lay down around 8pm and actually fall asleep. Then we can at least maybe get a day trip on Tuesday. And Wednesday has a few issues but we may be able to work around them, but knowing my luck, not gonna happen! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Lynda I HATE you! LOL You have the beach right there and you don't go?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Seriously if I could live near a beach it would solve all of my problems! It's about an hour for me, and with gas so high you really don't just want to go for an hour or so. So we have to get semi early so we can be there semi early so it's worth the trip. If it were as close for me as it is for you, I would go for a few hours every day!

Too bad you don't get your beach trip, Sue. Insomnia is terrible! Once you start telling yourself you HAVE to go to sleep it seems to drive all hope of sleep away. I suffered with it on and off for years, mostly when my kids were smaller.

Ah, the beach. We're less than an hour from Galveston, but I never go. I did when we were in California this summer. Since I grew up in Northern California, where 75 is a warm day at the beach, and 55 is an average water temperature, I expect the beach to be refreshing. First time I went here, it was about 95 and the water temperature was...95. Nothing refreshing about that! At least when I take the kids to the pool, the water is at least 10 degrees cooler than the surrounding air!

Too bad you don't get your beach trip, Sue. Insomnia is terrible! Once you start telling yourself you HAVE to go to sleep it seems to drive all hope of sleep away. I suffered with it on and off for years, mostly when my kids were smaller.

Exactly!! I didn't get to sleep until 9 AM!!! Is that insane or what? The good news is, Shane's sister is living with us, and didn't work today. Taylor usually sleeps til around 10am in the summer and Tanya wakes up around 10am.. (She's 18). She watched Taylor for me while I got SOME sleep. Thank god for her. I set an alarm for 2 pm. Hoping that after being up ALL night and completely exhausted, then waking up way before my body was ready, I would stay sleepy today and be able to pass out early. We'll see??

Nothing refreshing about that! At least when I take the kids to the pool, the water is at least 10 degrees cooler than the surrounding air!

I agree. The extreme heat is the part about the beach I can't stand!!! I always get sooo hot. I swear I look around and everyone else looks clean and comforable and I am frying LOL. I don't know how some girls tan without going in the water. The only way I can lay out is if I swim first. Then at least it's cool for a while. We always park our stuff under the pier.. Our stuff is in the shade, and there is a nice breeze there. If i feel like being in the sun I just take a towel and move it out a bit... but then if it gets too hot I can run under the pier and escape the heat. But then at night is when I LOVE the beach.. Right around 5 or 6 when the sun is fading, and the wind picks up a little.. It's heaven : )

Aww sorry your plans got deep sixed again. But ya never know, maybe there is a reason it keeps getting put off at this time.

Let's hope for better luck tomorrow. This time I am not posting that I am leaving, but if you guys see me gone you can assume it worked out : ) (Unless its for more than two days. Then you know someone kidnapped me and won't let me on koko's and I expect a search party sent out!)

Everything happens for a reason. Last time I left the beach early I ended up with Kahlua & Malibu. : ) Who knows why but apparently this time was not meant to be yet.

Lynda I HATE you! LOL You have the beach right there and you don't go?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Seriously if I could live near a beach it would solve all of my problems! It's about an hour for me, and with gas so high you really don't just want to go for an hour or so. So we have to get semi early so we can be there semi early so it's worth the trip. If it were as close for me as it is for you, I would go for a few hours every day!

Sorry! Yeah, it's about 15 minutes to the beach, an hour to park, lol! and, yup, I could spend the entire day at the beach til sunset and past.

Ah, the beach. We're less than an hour from Galveston, but I never go. I did when we were in California this summer. Since I grew up in Northern California, where 75 is a warm day at the beach, and 55 is an average water temperature, I expect the beach to be refreshing. First time I went here, it was about 95 and the water temperature was...95. Nothing refreshing about that! At least when I take the kids to the pool, the water is at least 10 degrees cooler than the surrounding air!

OOOH! I know! I stepped into the water at Key West and thought I was going to burn my feet! It felt, in some ways, almost boiling! It was completely uncomfortable to get into.

Everything happens for a reason. Last time I left the beach early I ended up with Kahlua & Malibu. : ) Who knows why but apparently this time was not meant to be yet.

Maybe it's so you will be home when Goldfish Connection calls!

Okay seriously.. I keep joking about visiting CA. No.. If I ever have plane fair, I am visiting.. You are letting me stay and dropping me off at the beach everyday! That's it.. Deal's done. You don't get a say in it LOL (I meant Lynda but I see you now Amy, so this goes for you too!)

One day in July the sand was so hot on my feet I almost cried. No kidding. I had to throw something out and the closest trash can was up the beach a bit. I didn't have my flip flops on and I started walking. It was kinda hot but I thought "oh it's just a bit further". Closer and closer I got I starting feel like I was walking on burning coals... On the way back it hurt sooo bad it felt like I was on fire. I had to keep saying in my head "you can do this. you can do this". It was SOOOOO HOT!

Maybe it's so you will be home when Goldfish Connection calls!

That's what I was thinking!!! LOL I emailed Ken yesterday and left a voice mail today. I am so anxious! lol And also, when I had trouble sleeping, I went downstairs and watched Miranda & Samantha for a while. That's when I noticed the white string from her mouth and was able to post in time for a response from Imogen. Now I can do the 0.1% salt with confidence, and hopefully stop whatever it is before it really starts. And can do extra water changes.

Where who knows? Maybe coming home Tuesday night it would have been worse?