Buying Ammonia.

Just checking ebay to buy some ammonia for my fishless cycle, would this be safe for the cycle?

Ammonium Chloride (sal ammoniac) 400g Non Hazardous

Iam struggling o find ammonia to buy. There was none at either petstores at my closet petstore, the next one is 200 miles away!

Edited by fortunefaded

Try the hardware or grocery store. That's where I got mine. I'm not sure about this Ammonia, the ingredients should only be Ammonia and Water. :)

Edited by Desiree

I found some at my w mart... It says Great Value clear ammonia... Ingredients are softened water, ammonia, chelating agent. I freaked about the chelating agent, so I posted and asked on here and a bunch of people said it was okay.. If anyone knows otherwise though, do tell!!!!!!!! It doesn't foam when you shake it...

I live in the UK and don't have a hardware store near me. I checked in Inverness (my nearest town/city) but had zero luck. None in Inverness either (our version of nnnnnn, I'd guess).

Can't even find any ammonia on fish sites and when I check hardware etc stores on the net, I dn't get any info on the ingredients :(

Anyone got any more info on the link?

Which I had more info on the ammonia for you...

If you can't find ammonia you can add a few flakes of fish food into the tank. After about a day or two take it out (you don't want it to rot and cause anything nasty in the tank). It should release enough ammonia to get you started. I've never done it that way, but I know people have.