White Rice

oliver_black

Yes. My fish get this every week. One grain or two each only. Its carbohydrate so fattening if you give too much. Make sure its well softened. My fish go nuts for this as a treat :)

oh yeah, my fish eat gohan (rice). as trinket said, make sure its really soft and rice will still swell a little even after fully cooked so, like she said only a couple each

Hmmm..... not sure how I manage only a couple each, with my horde. If I could get them to line up by height...errr... length, I could dole the rice out, but they are an unruly, gluttonous bunch. Besides, so many of them look alike, they could fool me easily.

Oliver

Rice, huh? Oliver I didn't know that goldies ATE rice, although I should have since they eat anything that won't eat them first! :bingo: Thanks for the new treat idea!

I'm so shocked. I seriously never imagined rice would be okay. Hahah! You learn something new every day. One question though, anyone try BROWN rice? I mean, doesn't brown rice have more nutritional content than white rice... so, on that premise, it may be better. :)

Besides, so many of them look alike, they could fool me easily.

:rofl

Speaking.... errr.... posting along those lines, I'm not sure I ever mentioned this, but last year, I was attracted to the appearance of what the lfs labeled as "golden-bellied, black body minnow," and, being assured it was a peaceful sort of fish and likely to co-habit with my GF, I bought one. It seems, I bought a female, and a pregnant one at that. Just noticed some 3rd generation minnow fry in company with the gf fry.

Anyway, I fed the horde some white rice this morning, which they seemed to enjoy, but to be on the safe side, I broke up each soft rice kernel (?) into smaller bits, although the bigger boys could clearry have downed them whole.

oliver