The Perils Of Hydrogen Sulphide ....

Fishmerised

Embarrassing given the circumstances yes.

I wonder though if its really plausible to have enough fumes for people to die from it but no dead birds or animals found within reach...just a thought - I know its the very same gas that makes fish twizzle and go floaty if a gravel vac is way overdue and those anaerobic bacteria get disturbed...death, thats a whole different story.

I thought it was well established that HS could kill fish?, the witness said he saw lots of dead fish floating belly up that day. As for birds and other animals, remember that HS is dense and heavy, it may only hover a few inches above water level and this semi-naked couple were presumably lying low on the ground !?!??

I remember watching docos where gas from thermal springs would kill dinosaurs, or was that methane or CO?

the witness said he saw lots of dead fish floating belly up that day. As for birds and other animals, remember that HS is dense and heavy, it may only hover a few inches above water level and this semi-naked couple were presumably lying low on the ground !?!??

Ah. Missed the dead fish.. that is more likely then.

Yes it can kill fish for sure. I was just thinking there would have to be so much to kill people even at low levels and not smelling it, surely there would be some kind of awareness or instinct that somethings making you dizzy, gotta leave fast :hmm . Agatha Christie would love it. I thought the thread title was like one of hers!