55 Gallon Tank

the bigger tank size that you go, the easier it is to handle. the temp is more stable, not as easy to fluctuate in room condtions, though you still need ot match the wc temps. you will have a lil more leway for mistakes, too long between water changes and such. not saying that you should! make sure that you have the proper filtration and stay on top of water changes. check out this thread, its bigger than the one you want but still applies http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=71843

I have a 55 gallon tank with goldfish and find it easier to keep as long as you have proper filtration and do weekly water changes. I would recommend a nice canister filter and a HOB filter. The start up cost will be more and treating fish for disease will be more but your fish will be happy to have the room to swim. Just do not over stock the tank.

I agree with what's been said. I recently got a 55 gallon and it is SO much easier to keep stable. I only have 3 fish in mine, so it makes things even easier. Of course, water changes are a bit harder if like me, you use the old bucket and vaccum method :P