Help! Bio Wheel!

Soo heres the deal- I have a one month old Mareineland filter 150 GPH and my biowheel wont turn anymore! Ive cleaned the impeller and everything yet no change. Even when I take out the filter for a minute the wheel wont turn. This is a huge problem because im right in the middle of a huge cycle and my filter is getting very dirty and I cant replace it without a working biowheel! Im sure others have had this problem- what should I do?

There was a similar question in the Tanks section. This was my reply:

My biowheel on my 10 gallon qt tank does that. Did that. I bought it used, whether that makes a difference. At first it would spin part of the time. Then I got it to spinning pretty good for a little while, then it just completely stopped. I've done everything to get it to work. Check the wheel seating, checked the impeller and its seating. Thoroughly cleaned the uptake tube. Took out all of the media. Nothing. I just finally gave up. The water seemed to cycle, and keeps its cycle, fine without the wheel so, I just gave up on it. But, then, my brain started working. To make the biowheel spin, I need to increase the water flow. So, I found an old 2 gallon ice cream bucket lid (any thin waterproof material would work!) and cut a piece to fit inside the filter right up next to the point where the water begins flowing outward and cut it up a little higher than the current level. Voila! Spinning!

Here's the link to that whole thread: Dear Bio Wheel

Glad I could help! Sometimes it's the simplest things. It doesn't fix the original problem of why a piece of equipment you paid good money for doesn't work, but whatever it takes!