20-30 Gallon Fish Tank

Hello,

I want a new 20 or 30 gallon fish tank with a stand and everything, I need to get a light, filter, thermometor ect... but I was wondering of any place I could get an awesome deal, I have already checked out petland and they have a 20 gallon tank every with a stand for $200. I already check nnnn, ebay but I do't want a tank off craigslist I want a new tank

thanks

Keep in mind that if you want to buy something out of your area, i.e., online, catalog, etc., you're going to need to pay for shipping and with the weight of an aquarium and stand, that shipping cost is going to be huge!

So, if you need suggestions for places near you, you will need to state where you live so that others who may live near you can give suggestions.

btw... I got my 60 gallon tank and stand off Craigslist and I love it!

Edited by Lynda Von G

most package deals that you get are a waste of money IMO. they give you things that you really dont need. the filter that comes with it is normally underpowered and you eventually upgrade, costing more money than buying things out right. tank, stank, hood and lights is fine, just dont get the other junk. i have bought 7 tanks from craigslist and ebay (all local pick up) for myself and 4 others for a friend. there is nothing wrong with a used tank, but i understand your want for a new tank. but if money is a issue, i would go used. finding a good deal takes time and patience, but well worth it.

On TANKS - nothing else - I have found incredible deals at "Aquarium Adventure" stores. There is on in our area. 10 gallon tanks are $6. 20 tanks are often $20.

Lights are often cheapest at BigAls ONline - they have times when shipping is free.

Newspapers and garage sales are GREAT, though. Used tanks (most) can be beautifully cleaned and used. IT is not hard - and is a wonderful thing. Know your prices, though. So many around here seem to want more for their used tanks than I would pay for a NEW one! :rolleyes: