One Big And One Little

Guest goldfishforme

Guest goldfishforme

So I bought my 2 Lionheads for my 20 gal. back in February. They were just plain orange ones meant to help cycle up the aquarium and then I would trade them in and order something fancy. Well, I kind of got attatched to these two so I am keeping them. Anyways, one has grown amazingly while the other is growing very very slowly. The small one seems to have a bit of a deformity in the mouth, it doesn't seem to open in one corner. Because of this he can't eat as much as the other guy. Oh well. Kind of looks like Jake and the Fatman in there!

Anyone have some advise about when I should start to see some Wen growth? At least on my big guy? I bought them as juveniles back in February.

Well, wen growth depends a lot on genes - and some on food. What brands of food are you feeding them? Some are higher protein than others - and protein promotes wen growth. If you feel up to it, you can supplement their diet with frozen foods, like bloodworms. They are very high in protein. However, some brands are better than others - Hikari frozen brands are the best out there. They don't contain contaminents like some other frozen foods due to their sterilization process that other companies don't do. :)

Btw, if you want your smaller baby to grow a bit better, give him his own feeding spot - something that will prevent the bigger fish from eating the smaller one's food. A divider will work fine, or even putting one of the fish into a floating basket during feeding time. :)