How To Resist?!?

Guest Oranda's R HxC

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

I have a question for those who have like one, two. three or even four fishies.. HOW DO YOU RESIST MORE?! LMAO I am having such a hard time staying strong haha I saw a baby red capped with the littlest wen and he was sooo cutee! I swear he had like blue eyes!! Oh gosh I even went back but I lost out because he was gone.. UGH I am soo bad at resisting especially since I have to move my Ryukin and Fantail with the comets in the pond due to bullying the black moore babies which means I'll have room in my tank.. OI! And I know my babies have anchor worm but its going away fast and by the time any new comers are done QTing the anchor worm should defiantly be gone.. GOD! I AM BAAD! I need to stop this lmao I am a hopeless goldfish addict.. Oh gosh! And no matter where I go I always find atleast one breathtaking fishy and I only have one sweet Oranda even though they're my favorites.. Pearlies are cute too and I don't have any of them!

Edited by Kayla's Goldfish

I resist because I know it's in the best interest of my babies. I also resist because I know that I could justify just getting another tank, but then I know that's more work than I'd really be willing to do. Which comes back down to doing what's best for the health of my babies I guess...... I'm sick of dead, dying and sick fish and taking care of hospital tanks! lol!

Resisting the goldfish bug is really hard. This is why I rarely frequent my LFS-- maybe only once every two months. I usually buy all my fish related stuff online, that way I don't run the risk of seeing any eye catching fish for sale. I tend to buy a ton of stuff at once, just in preparation so I don't have to go to my LFS for that "one thing" I need to get. I know it's really hard to resist. Good luck, when you catch yourself struggling with the temptation, just remember the rule of thumb and you'll be just fine! :)

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Eeehh! I'm b-a-a-a-d! lmao I need serious help! I should like hire someone to get my gf supply!! My stinky dad doesnt help me either, gosh! aww look at this cutie- he needs you look how sad he looks and he's soo cute! GOSH! lmao he's actually probably worse than me! lmao rule of thumb? is that when fighting it gets too hard stop fighting it? lmao thats what i learned from all these darn bad influences on here, getting pretty fishies making me jealous! lmao! (Im kidding :P )

rule of thumb? is that when fighting it gets too hard stop fighting it?

You are too funny, Kayla! The "rule of thumb" I was referring to is that each fancy goldfish needs a minimum of 10 gallons of water and that each common (single tailed) goldfish needs 20 gallons in order to thrive. :)

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

EEEH! Not helping lmfao! You guys did this to me befor and I came home with an Oranda and Ryukin.. lmao i am trying to fight this sooo bad! bahaha im horrible.

EEEH! Not helping lmfao! You guys did this to me befor and I came home with an Oranda and Ryukin.. lmao i am trying to fight this sooo bad! bahaha im horrible.

Oh yeah! Blame it on us! lol!

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Pffft I wouldn't have to if you'd be responcible and accept the charges! lmao you guys owe me a new tank for this! haha And okayy... I'll get back to you on those reasons k?

I'm definately NOT the best person to ask! lol Seeing as I have 5 (soon to be 6) goldies! (And 5 Bettas, 4 minnows and a mouse)

Since my two girl mice are gone, I have a spare 10gal. So once it's done cycling Larry gets his own fish. It's his fish, but I feed it, change the water, decorate the tank, etc. :) So in about a month I'll have 6 goldies!

Give me one good reason why you should NOT go buy a new goldfish!

If she gets another, then she'll have to get another and another and another and another! Eventually she'll have to get a job to help pay the water bill and then she'll have more money to buy more tanks, BIGGER tanks and therefore -- MORE FISH!!! :happydance

:blink: Wait.... That's not a bad thing! lol

Edited by Anic

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Ahaha but even people with like four, I admire them haha I feel like im a gf hoarder and im out of control, even though the outside fish wern't really my idea I just care for them lmao. LOL you think that's bad? My family has a Umbrella Cockatoo, a Quaker Parrot, A maltese, a Mutt, and the fish!! lmao when people ask what pets we have we go two dogs, two birds, a handfull of goldfish haha

Aww heck girl,you're just getting started,rofl.

Here's my whole crew:

I'm Mom to:

?Draco?- 5 year old Rott/Lab (Foster I adopted)

?Gypsy?- 8 year old Shep/Elkhound. (Adopted at local kill shelter at 9 weeks old. Was being carried to the gas chamber)

?Ace? - 4 year old Chi (Fostered, then adopted)

?Tanner?- 4year old Chi (Fostered, then adopted)

?Sugar? - 2 year old Chi

"ChiChi" - 16 year old ex-Amish puppy mill breeder Chi

?Poncho? - 10 year old ex-puppy mill breeder Chi [Dad to my Tanner)

"Missy" - 8 year old ex-puppy mill breeder Chi (Mom to my Ace)

?Kali? - 4 year old Chi

?TootieBelle? - 9 year old Chi

?Boomer?- 8 year old Min Pin (Ex puppy mill stud)

"Cinder" - 4 year old Collie/Shep/? I bottle raised from 7 days old.

?Patch?-3 year old Pitty mix and last one left of a litter of six I bottle raised from four days old.

?Corry? - 5 month old Beagle

"Ringo & Sweetheart" - Cockatiels

14 Fancy Goldfish + 14 fry

"Mac" - Betta

Foster Dogs :

?Tucker? - 4 month Beagle/Shep

Guest Oranda's R HxC

Dangg! lmao I just like the idea of having only a few pets to foccuss on though its been a while since it's been that simple. I think you have too many animals when you are so deep that your lacking care. That's all.

Resistance is futile Luke! Succumb to the force!

I can't help you, because right now I gave in to all of my evil thoughts and devilish koko friends and now I am bidding on a fish in the GFC auction! Kayla fight it, don't end up like the rest of us........................... OH WAIT TOO LATE. If you can't beat em, join em! So when are ya getting the new fish LMAO

Guest Oranda's R HxC

AAHHHHH stop poisoning my mind with goldfish thoughts !!!! lmfaoo!!! Oh and btw my dads MAKING me go this weekend... LMFAO he's as bad as you guys!!#@()$

lol my friend offered me a 42 gallon tank she has had in her garage forever but my mom wouldnt let me supposedly because of "humidity" and because i have no room in my room..

so i told her she could have my computer, and i'd put the tank on my desk =]

but no luck yet =[

if it wasnt my mom holding me back...i'd already have a 42 gallon ready for 3/4 more goldies!!!!

you need to get more goldies for the people like me who cant (and post lots of pics)! :cry1:D:P

lol my friend offered me a 42 gallon tank she has had in her garage forever but my mom wouldnt let me supposedly because of "humidity" and because i have no room in my room..

so i told her she could have my computer, and i'd put the tank on my desk =]

but no luck yet =[

if it wasnt my mom holding me back...i'd already have a 42 gallon ready for 3/4 more goldies!!!!

you need to get more goldies for the people like me who cant (and post lots of pics)! :cry1:D:P

ahh the second stage of the bug, BIGGER TANKS! that way you can slove at lest a few of the problems with the first stage lol.

ahh the second stage of the bug, BIGGER TANKS! that way you can slove at lest a few of the problems with the first stage lol.

bahhh i cant wait to get to the second stage! but i must [impatiently] wait for awhile until that day finally comes.

Oranda's R HxC, i know the answer to your question! the only way to resist buying more fish is to NOT to ask people here on kokos! :rolleyes::rofl;)