Java Moss With White Things On It

amynmitchell

Hi all,

Last week I bought some Java Moss and tied it to a peice of driftwood. I don't have fish right now, so I rinsed it with water and put it in a planted, but cycling tank. I've noticed it has little tiny white things on it. They seem kind of circular. Any ideas of what this is or what I should do?

Thanks!

Amy

Ugh! I don't know plant beasties, but if I find out anything, I'll let you know!

Do they swim around or are they just laying there? Chances are they're just one of those snack food worms, but you could do a California PP dip (Permoxyn! lol!) or hydrogen peroxide or something like that. That won't hurt the plant if you rinse it after the dip. If you wanted to get rid of them....

Ewwwh! I'm not sure what that stuff could be, but to be on the safe side... I would recommend disenfecting the fern with some Potassium Permagranate, like Permoxyn. What ever those things are, that stuff will kill it! :)

EDIT: Hahah, Lynda... you read my mind!

Edited by Desiree

I'm not certain what it is either, except for possibly dying debris from the other plants. I rinsed it really well and it seems to be gone. Weird. We'll see if they come back or not or if I end up with an explosion of snails.