God Has Blessed Me And Elvis W/ New Tank

Today started out as a really crappy day. First the replacement tank for the tank that leaked was all messed up, then I go to take it back and almost run out of gas waiting in line at the pumps. Topping it off, I find I forgot my wallet at home and all I have is $10 to put enough gas in my car so I can go home and get my wallet. I go back to the station get another $20 worth of gas and head to the store. On the way there I argued a little with myself about being honest about only paying $74 for the tank when this store had it for $99.13. It was a short argument because I knew I had to be honest and live by my christian beliefs. When I get there, I search all through my purse for the receipt (I was positive I had it in there) can't find it and burst out crying right there at the returns counter. Man, what a mess.

Then God smiled upon me. After the clerk offered me a card with store credit, I told her what price I had paid at the other store. A manager was there and told her to give me full credit anyhow to help with the gas and hassle. So I now have a card with over $100 on it.

Then I went to petsgo, and I found a 38 gal AGA complete kit w/stand marked at $145, reg 299.99. Since it was the floor model and the stand was scratched up, the manager offered me an extra 10% off. I called JC and he said it was okay so I had the guy take it up for me. At the register, (get this) it rang up for $72.00. The clerk double checked with the manager and that was the right price for EVERYTHING! I told them they didn't have to give me the extra 10% off. ROFL So Elvis now has a 38 gal with it's own stand, I am on cloud nine, and I have a husband who is tickled pink at it only costing him $77+change.

God has truely blessed me, and now the tank fairy is free to help another. THANX ALL!!!

:redbanana::greenbanana::Congrats: :Aquarium11: :fishtank::fishtank:pianobanana:pianobananaI LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS!!!!!!

I am so relived ..you were in my thoughts today!! Nothing is worse when you feel the world is up against you!!

I guess it was ment to be ..and I'm glad you got even more out of it for your troubles!!

PS Joy was not kidding when she said she was sending the tank fairy your way!!!!

Edited by hi-d

Wonderful news. Whats an AGA? Any pictures?

AGA = All Glass Aquarium by Aquatic Gardens.

Thanks you all. Yes, Amy and Joy both sent the fairy my way so I guess she figured it was pretty important. She was probably sitting on God's shoulder nudging him to show me the right way. :D

It is a good feeling to have a stormy day suddenly become filled with bright sunshine. All fresh and clean... Man, that statement just made me homesick for Missouri and the summer storms there. LOLOL Only the storms tho, I DON'T miss the chiggers and the ticks however. ;)

Oh Roni I am so happy for you and Elvis! Now you have money to spend at Wallyworld and an amazing new tank to boot...I can't believe the deal you got. That is so amazing. I can't wait for pictures of Elvis in his new home :Congrats:

Pluses on top of bonuses on top of good luck all supported by honesty. It was your decision to do the right thing that brought so many good things your way. Elvis is going to be on :9 . He's just going to be zipping all around that tank! And the best thing about it is JC is happy. I'm so happy for both of you!

Yes, it was great... but if these nasty things are what I think they are... how do I disinfect the filter they were in? The media is fine, it's still in the plastic wrapping, but these things came out of the HOB. YECH! Will bleach or PP be better at killing anything these nasty creatures left behind?100_3252.jpg

Well, I still believe it was worth it. Even these nasties aren't going to get me down.

Yes, it was great... but if these nasty things are what I think they are... how do I disinfect the filter they were in? The media is fine, it's still in the plastic wrapping, but these things came out of the HOB. YECH! Will bleach or PP be better at killing anything these nasty creatures left behind?100_3252.jpg

Well, I still believe it was worth it. Even these nasties aren't going to get me down.

After pulling the "easter grass" out of the tank, I found alot more in the bottom of the tank too. The tank is now rinsed out ( NO LEAKS!!!!! ) but I am still not sure whether to use PP or bleach. Any ideas?

Hooray!! That Tank Fairy sure works quick sometimes! How wonderful that you got your money back AND a new 38gal for the perfect price! I am so happy for you and Elvis.

As for the gross buggies living in the tank... I always use a 1:19 bleach-to-water solution as I do not have PP.

That is soooooo disgusting! UGH! But, DEFINITELY not worth getting rid of the tank. NO WAY! You got a great deal there that is worth a few nasty beasties! Bleach would be fine, just as you've been doing with your gravel. Letting it sit out in the sun afterwards will neutralize anything that might remain. And, girl, you have plenty of sun out there!