The Dragoneye Has Arrived

It appears to have made the trip ok. Has some red streaks in the tail but good shape otherwise. I took these pics while acclimating it while still in the shipping bag. Won't be able to get any side view in the tupperware quarantine container as it's not see thru'. It's eyes are just huge! It's in the container now with 1% salt added. Will start Prazi Pro tomorrow. Poor thing is hungry, tried to eat my fingers as I was moving it, lol. Will feed it a little bit later this evening. No idea if it's a he or she. Did I mention it is sooo cute??

8-113-08001-tile.jpg

Aww how sweet Kathy!!!! Every day it feels like you have a new fish!! : ) I hate you!!! : )

Joy, thanks for that info on the red streaks..I noticed a few of those on my mostly white fish Samantha the other day, but no signs of sickness at all.. I was pretty sure it was because she was a white fish, but I was going to post and ask.. You saved me the trouble! : )

Thanks everyone, I am really tickled with my BD present. I can't believe just how cute it actually is. I have to try and find the pics of the one I had years ago. It was beautiful but not really "cute".

Omg what a sweetheart!!!

Don't be too alarmed if the red streaks don't appear to go away... you can usually see the veins in the caudal fins of white fish.

I know, Tuck has them all the time and has since I got him as a little one. Some days it looks awful other days barely noticable. So do Lady Godiva & Sprite.

awww how adorable ...I guess we will know in a few weeks when spawning begins!!! :rofl ...can't wait to see a video of the cutie!!! any names yet???

No name yet and NO spawning, lol. :aint: Gonna be by itself I think, at least for a while. If I end up keeping one or two of my babies I might put them in with it when big enough.

YES SPAWNING!!!! : ) Oh and Kathy..Go read the new posts on this thread and give me your thoughts (OFJOY) HAHAH! (I love lame jokes like that!)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...ic=71828&hl=

YES SPAWNING!!!! : ) Oh and Kathy..Go read the new posts on this thread and give me your thoughts (OFJOY) HAHAH! (I love lame jokes like that!)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...ic=71828&hl=

Hmmmmm, well we all know how well I resist temptation thanks to my Evil Twin, lol. It does seem like there is something about that fish that has made an impression on your main guy. It is a beauty. And quarantining a healthy fish is way different than one that is ill. Way less work. My three from Tommy breezed thru' with nary a glitch. Hopefully this new one will be as easy. Personally I like the fish from Tommy better. To me they are just as beautiful, they are usually not as high priced and the shipping is less as well. But girl, if you really want that Telescope then by all means go for it! Lord knows, I would, lol. I guess the big question is, if you get this one, will you be in a position to get a chocolate lavender which you want badly if one comes along? And are you willing to give up having one in the near future if not? You do what feels right to you.

That's a good question Kathy. Actually i think I have a plan. I'll post a new thread, so it doesn't take up yours. But please read it when you see it cause I would love your thoughts on it! : )

Joy, thanks for that info on the red streaks..I noticed a few of those on my mostly white fish Samantha the other day, but no signs of sickness at all.. I was pretty sure it was because she was a white fish, but I was going to post and ask.. You saved me the trouble! : )

I agree. I think streaks in the fins is a relatively minor thing many times. I swear my comet got them at the drop of a hat. With every water change, she'd streak.

Your new baby is just beautiful! Those eyes are incredible! And with the wen, amazing! What a doll!

OMG Kathy...that baby is adorable...very very pretty eyes...it really has the most beautiful eyes..yeah careful with the tank setup...he/she is soooooo cute..very very pretty..ok I shud stop here..(touchwood).. :)

• Admin

WOW Kathy, I have been wanting one of those guys for years. The first time I seen one was on GC and I feel in love with him but couldn't afford it....Im so happy you have him/her...so lucky hun :Congrats:

WOW Kathy, I have been wanting one of those guys for years. The first time I seen one was on GC and I feel in love with him but couldn't afford it....Im so happy you have him/her...so lucky hun :Congrats:

I've seen them on GoldFishConnection now and then but they are always priced way out of my reach. Most of the fish there are. I actually got this one from Tommy for under $100.00 + shipping.

Now we can all have a dragoneye oranda vicariously through you, Kathy!!

Either that, or I'm gonna fishnap...

Hmmm, guess I need a fish napper alarm, lol. I am happy to share thru' lots of pics once she/he is in something I can take pics thru.